Color range problem when bulding video
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ridrok
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:27 pm    Post subject: Color range problem when bulding video Reply with quote

Hello,

I use kdenlive for years and I face a problem. I don't know since when this begun, but can't find the root cause of it.
Basically, when I use .MOV files from iPhone, the color range is bad in resulting video, it's cropped to 15-239 instead of 0-255.

It does not depend on the version of kdenlive, I still use an old version which is 200% faster with nvenc that current one, but both are affected.
I did google for the error spotted in kdenlive logs but they always say it is related to yuvj420p and is just a warning, but it is not, there is a real problem here.

This message fills the log
Code:
[swscaler @ 0x7fabe980c800] deprecated pixel format used, make sure you did set range correctly

I can show you the difference this makes:
Picture from source video in .MOV format: https://pixel.rodrik.ch/Source.png
Picture from the target video: https://pixel.rodrik.ch/VideoBad.png

I am stuck with ffmpeg 4.x due to many programs depending on it, I compiled last version from source and pointed kdenlive to it but the resulting video is same and log filled the same way.

So can someone point me to where the problem may come from. I checked and in preview the color range is proper, so it's a rendering problem.
I tested to use cpu with x265 default setting with latest kdenlive, same problem, so where does this come from?

Many thanks
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: