View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shoreshi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:41 pm    Post subject: systemd-journald error in install gnome Reply with quote

Hello, I installed Gentoo in dual boot mode along with Windows, and I gave Gentoo 2 gigs of boot memory, 8 gigs of swap memory, and 190 gigs of root memory, and I did all the settings almost correctly, but when I want to install gnome, when it comes time to install webkit- gtk comes and after a few minutes it gives an error saying systemd-journald[439]:under pressure memory, flushing caches and I only had this problem with this package so far. And my system is Ryzen 7 4800H and 16 DDR4 RAM with 500 GB SSD. Of course, the number inside the parentheses changes sometimes And I let it stay for several hours so that it might do something, but only this error came back
alamahant
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2024 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Gentoo!
Try using
Code:

USE="-webkit"

in make.conf followed by
Code:

env-update
USE="-extras" emerge -av gnome-base/gnome  ### do not forget to make the flag permanent via package.use
#or better
emerge -av gnome-base/gnome-light

If for some inexplicable reason you want this horrible package--ie webkit-gtk-- try reducing the number of jobs.
Code:

MAKEOPTS="-j4"

in make.conf
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: