Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
I am looking for threadripper/epyc user with 32(+) cores ?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mgiese
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:50 am    Post subject: I am looking for threadripper/epyc user with 32(+) cores ? Reply with quote

hi guys,

for certain scientific calculations(FMA3 or AVX512 FFT) I need a lot of CPU power. Currently I run a Ryzen 7950X with 16 cores and thinking about upgrading to a 32 or 64 core Threadripper or Epyc server. When I switched from my old Ryzen 5600 (6core) to the Ryzen 7950 (16 core) the speedup in my app was 2.5, almost exactly 16core/2.5 = 6 core. So my task scaled quite nicely. I expect the same when switching to any newer 32 or 64 core processor but since those systems are very expensive I want to make sure not to waste time and money into buying something terribly expensive without knowing it will work in the desired direction.

I am looking for users which have the opportunity to run a test on the following hardware :

EPYC 9004 (Genoa, Genoa-X & Bergamo) with at least 32 core, 64 or more would also be very good
or
PRO 5975WX (32 cores) or PRO 5995WX (64 cores)

Unfortunately the 5000 series of Threadrippers does not support AVX512 but I would still like to know how well they perform in reality.

The test will take about 5 minutes.

Thanks in advance !

Ryzen9 7950x ; Geforce1650 ; kernel 6.5 ; XFCE
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: