Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
glx module not built for ati-drivers -- help :)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
owenm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:31 pm    Post subject: glx module not built for ati-drivers -- help :) Reply with quote

# emerge ati-drivers

agpgart_be.c:/lib/modules/linux-2.4.20-gaming-r5/build/include/linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory.
agpgart_be.c:102:31: linux/modversions.h: No such file or directory.
*glx module not built

Any ideas? Running XFree4.3, Linux2.4.20-gaming-r5 with appropriate options. /lib/modules sounds... well, like a funny include path.
owenm
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 3:48 am    Post subject: Solved... now why won't it load :) Reply with quote

OK, rebuilding the kernel fixed me up. However, when I do an opengl-update ati, and then do a glxinfo in X, I see mesa as the renderer. Huh? Why is this happening and how to fix it?
Joebel
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what does lsmod say? is fglrx loaded?
Wedge_
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

owenm wrote:
/lib/modules sounds... well, like a funny include path.

It's actually normal. Kernel modules for different kernel versions are stored under /lib/modules/<kernel version>. Inside each directory is a symlink called "build" which points to the source directory for the matching kernel version. So /lib/modules/linux-2.4.20-gaming-r5/build is the same as /usr/src/linux-2.4.20-gaming-r5.

owenm wrote:
OK, rebuilding the kernel fixed me up. However, when I do an opengl-update ati, and then do a glxinfo in X, I see mesa as the renderer. Huh? Why is this happening and how to fix it?

Have you restarted X since you emerged the drivers? You'll need to exit X, do "modprobe fglrx" to load the module, then start X again.
DrFishstik
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2003 1:18 pm    Post subject: Not to mention... Reply with quote

Make sure you enabled the external AGP in fglrxconfig. Ive found on my setup having it disabled causes the driver to not work at all with anything 3d. Also make sure you have fglrx in your /etc/modules.autoload and do a reboot. Thats the usual cure for my ills. :D
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: