emerging arts fails
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sn0rkel
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:59 am    Post subject: emerging arts fails Reply with quote

im trying to emerge kde3.02 on my gcc3.1.1 system but it breaks when it tries to emerge arts..

any ideas?

make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/arts-1.0.2-r1/work/arts-1.0.2/mcopidl'
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I./../mcop -I/usr/kde/3/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../libltdl -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -mcpu=i686 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c -o mcopidl.o `test -f mcopidl.cc || echo './'`mcopidl.cc
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I./../mcop -I/usr/kde/3/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../libltdl -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -mcpu=i686 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c -o yacc.o `test -f yacc.cc || echo './'`yacc.cc
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I./../mcop -I/usr/kde/3/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../libltdl -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -mcpu=i686 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c -o scanner.o `test -f scanner.cc || echo './'`scanner.cc
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -I./../mcop -I/usr/kde/3/include -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I../libltdl -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -mcpu=i686 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -c -o namespace.o `test -f namespace.cc || echo './'`namespace.cc
/bin/sh ../libtool --mode=link --tag=CXX i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -mcpu=i686 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3/lib -o mcopidl mcopidl.o yacc.o scanner.o namespace.o ../mcop/libmcop.la
mkdir .libs
i686-pc-linux-gnu-g++ -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -mcpu=i686 -pipe -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -o .libs/mcopidl mcopidl.o yacc.o scanner.o namespace.o -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3/lib ../mcop/.libs/libmcop.so -L/lib -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1 -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1/../../../../i686-pc-linux-gnu/lib -L/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1/../../.. -lresolv -ldl /usr/lib/libstdc++.so -lm -lc -lgcc_s -Wl,--rpath -Wl,/usr/kde/3/lib
mcopidl.o: In function `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >& std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::append<char const*>(char const*, char const*)':
mcopidl.o(.gnu.linkonce.t._ZNSs6appendIPKcEERSsT_S3_+0x53): undefined reference to `std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >::replace(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<char*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > >, char const*, char const*)'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [mcopidl] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/arts-1.0.2-r1/work/arts-1.0.2/mcopidl'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/arts-1.0.2-r1/work/arts-1.0.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: The ebuild did not complete successfully.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line -5069, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make

!!! emerge aborting on /usr/portage/kde-base/arts/arts-1.0.2-r1.ebuild .
Udo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
i have the same problem.
With gcc 2.95 did it work to compile.
shit gcc3.
Udo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2002 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use gcc 3.1.1!!!!
The problem is in /usr/lib/libstdc++.la
In this Ascii File is an pointer wrong set.

In the end of this file you must change this:
# Directory that this library needs to bee installed in:
lbdir='/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1'
to

lbdir='/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1'

P.S.
Sorry for my bad english
Pieter
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Udo wrote:
Sorry for my bad english
I understand your solution, so that bad isn't it ;)

Thanks!
Udo
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2002 10:53 pm    Post subject: Part 2 Reply with quote

Emerge kdemultimedia fails!

Another Symlink (libstdc++.so.4) in /usr/lib ist wrong set.
Make a new Symlink from /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-linux-gnu/3.1.1/*libstdc++.so4.0.1 to /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.4
I did this with the Midnight Comander.

Then you can compile the multimedia of kde.
regards udo
xorbe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had to re-emerge fam-oss and gmp to fix their .la files, only then would gnome-vfs compile.
Utoxin
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2002 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xorbe wrote:
I had to re-emerge fam-oss and gmp to fix their .la files, only then would gnome-vfs compile.

Thanks for this advice! It fixed my problem getting gnome-vfs to update.

Cool.
RayVan
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 5:21 pm    Post subject: Similar to 3.0.4 problem, perhaps Reply with quote

I don't use 3.1.1, but this reminds me of a problem that happened with 3.0.4. The libstdc++ in the released version of GCC was broken, and unusable. The fix (after seemingly endless thrashing, flailing, and heada-beating) was to get the most recent version of libstdc++ from the SOURCEFORGE site (not the GNU site), swap if for the provided libstdc++, and recompile GCC.
That permanently fixed the problem then, and might work now.

Or, just switch to 3.2. :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: