View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
needlern1
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2002 1:34 pm    Post subject: gnome/galeon/vnc/zaurus sl-5500 Reply with quote

The problem - I can no longer enter data to my zaurus sl-5500(pda) using either the qtopiadesktop app. or vnc.

Prior to emerging first galeon and then pan, I was able to do both of the above. I have the current version of portage. I use kde 3.0.2 desltop env. I have the stock 'USE' build variables. I built galeon/pan with no prior gnome config file modifications(having looked at spider's page on gnome beautification). The build commands were:

Code:
emerge galeon

Code:
emerge pan

I also lost my sound modules and usbcore useability. Before I discovered that the problem might be with gnome, I rebuilt my kernel to double check I had all the usb config'd in and to try to get back my lost functionality. That didn't help.

At this point I guess I have to uninstall the two gnome apps unless someone's got some suggestions on how else to try to resolve this.

So, if I have to uninstall the two gnome apps, what is the best way to accomplish it(the exact commands please)?

I would really like to keep the two. TIA, Bill

Postscript - using the tips/tricks uninstall script (which works beautifully) to back out of galeon/mozilla, still didn't resolve the zaurus problem. So, long story short, after several kernel rebuilds I still can't get usbcore or snd modules loaded(though configured in kernel), but by replacing my wireless ps/2 mouse with a wired ps/2 mouse I am able to use vnc and qtopiadesktop, to the zaurus, again. Oh, BTW, did keep pan <g> . Bill
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: