ET Crashes in KDE, but not in fluxbox?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[herb]
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:57 am    Post subject: ET Crashes in KDE, but not in fluxbox? Reply with quote

Hi, im a gentoo n00b, and im havin a bit of trouble with Enemy Territory.

I emerged enemy territory the other day, after which I set up openGL for my video card. For some reason though, when I play the game in KDE, every time the map changes on a server, or if I have to reconnect to a server (and sometimes just randomly), the game will crash out.... to my KDM login screen?? Its rather strange. Other than these crashes though, the game works FINE.

So, I decided to give the game a go in fluxbox, since I happened to have it. So far it has crashed ONCE, and it crashed to my "[hostname] login:" prompt. Other than this one incident though, it hasnt given me a single problem in fluxbox.

I dont know how to begin to troubleshoot it, because like I said, other than these crashes, the game works without a hitch.

Could it be because I set up my video cards OpenGL support AFTER I emerged the game? Should I remerge the game?

Any help would be appreciated.

Scott.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: