View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
axslinger
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2002 3:50 am    Post subject: Errors compiling kdelibs Reply with quote

I recently ran into some problems in KDE. In an attempt to fix the problem I decided to unmerge kdebase and kdelibs. When I do
Code:
emerge kde
it starts with kdelibs. It runs for a while then spits out the following errors:

Code:

/usr/kde/3/lib/libqtmcop.so: Undefined Reference to `QObject::checkConnectArgs(char const *, QObject const *, char const*)`
make [4]:*** [All Recursive] error1
Make *** [All] Error2
!!! Error: The ebuild did not complete successfully
!!! Function KDE_SRC_COMPILE, Line -4761, Exit Code 2
!!! Died Running Emake kde_src_compile:make
!!!Emerge aborting on /usr/portage/kde-base/kdelibs/kdelibs-3.0.2-r1.ebuild

I thought it might be related to QT so I unmerged QT then remerged it. Then tried emerging kde again but got the same error.

The first error listed above was not the only one. There were others that were similar but I didn't want to write them all down. Any ideas as to what's going on? I'm befuddled.

Thanks,
Brian
BonezTheGoon
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

Location: Albuquerque, NM -- birthplace of Microsoft and Gentoo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2002 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you could try (but be warned it will take very very long) to run this:

Code:
emerge -e kde

The -e switch tells it to empty the tree, which tells portage to "pretend" nothing at all is installed. This will effectively compile every single thing that is required by KDE, in the proper order mind you, from scratch again. I'm not at my box right now to check but I would guess that includes XFree which is no small task. This way if you do have any kind of corruption or missing required library you should most certainly get it back/repaired this way. This is more like a bazooka for a mosquito aproach though.

If you REALLY wanted to get your hands dirty with this one what you'd do is dig into the ebuild and look through the sources for the reference to the `QObject::checkConnectArgs(char const *, QObject const *, char const*)` to see if you can gather what library is included that should have defined this function. If you can actually determine what is missing/damaged you can emerge just that package again (and save your system from building every required package again).

Either way, good luck!!

Regards,
BonezTheGoon
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: