Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
where is the jiffies option in menuconfig?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r8dhex
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 2:43 pm    Post subject: where is the jiffies option in menuconfig? Reply with quote

i'm trying to fix my slow clock, and a thread somewhere in the forums said i should set the jiffies to 100 or something... problem is i can't find the setting in menuconfig.

i'm using the gentoo-sources kernel 2.4.19-r5. and i've turned on the code maturity options and i still can't find the jiffies setting...

where exactly is it and what is the name of the option, and do i have to enable something else so it will show up?
Hypnos
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: where is the jiffies option in menuconfig? Reply with quote

r8dhex wrote:
i'm trying to fix my slow clock, and a thread somewhere in the forums said i should set the jiffies to 100 or something... problem is i can't find the setting in menuconfig.

IIRC, jiffies is in a header file in the source tree ... I don't have access to a linux box at the moment (I'm at work), so I can't verify my assertion. Try

Code:
% find /usr/src/linux | grep jiffies

and see what hits you get.
r8dhex
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found it already, it turns out i was using the wrong sources... i was used to just cd'ing to /usr/src/linux, but i must have forgot to relink linux to 2.4.19-r7... all this time i've been compiling an r5 kernel...i'm recompiling now. thanks anyway
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: