View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
duegatti
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 6:25 am    Post subject: Tried KDE for the first time since v1.x Reply with quote

Have to say that, so far, I'm impressed. Haven't had any of the problems people are mentioning throughout the board.

Smooth, well integrated -but of course, compared to v1.x I suppose it would be.
So far every single one of my bookmarks have worked flawlessly in Konqueror...even JAVA and flash works, where Mozilla failed those tests consistently.
I will probably set up KDE as the default desktop environ on my girlfriends Linux install, when she makes the plunge (jsut a couple more visits and chats to help with Windows buggering )...
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
- LUGnut, #orlug, OPN
nitro322
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KDE3 is very slick indeed. I've been an avid fan since the 1.x days, and each release has made me happier and happier. As far as ease of use for your girlfriend, I'm sure she'd have no problem with it. KDE itself can handle just about anything, and, in my experience, is every bit as easy to use as Windows. The only problem that arises is the fact that it's simply different. That one little fact alone results in most of the resistance I've encountered.

Oh, and I like your sig. Reminds me a bit of the Sexy UNIX 2.0 that I love so much.
duegatti
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2002 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitro322 wrote:
As far as ease of use for your girlfriend, I'm sure she'd have no problem with it.

Exactly why I'm going to install it :)
Quote:
Oh, and I like your sig. Reminds me a bit of the Sexy UNIX 2.0 that I love so much.

Hey, I like that one... :)
#!/bin/sh {who;} {last;} {pause;} {grep;} {touch;} {unzip;} mount /dev/girl -t {wet;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} {fsck;} echo yes yes yes {yes;} umount {/dev/girl;zip;} rm -rf {wet.spot;} {sleep;} finger: permission denied
- LUGnut, #orlug, OPN
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: