View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laizzn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:40 am    Post subject: Problems with IR Input in X Reply with quote

HI all,
Lately I am having weird issues with the IR remote control: When i first login (after reboot) in SLIM and start a Xfce or XBMC session the remote control does not work. However Xfce recognizes the IR device as an input device under Settings>Mouse & Touchpads. ALSO 'ir-keytable -t' shows all the key strokes with the corresponding binding (e.g. KEY_UP, KEY_DOWN,..) correctly!! But neither in Xfce nor XBMC the remote control does work...

BUT when I log out and log back in the remote control WORKS FINE AGAIN.

What is also weird is that the rc-rc6-mce module is not found even though it should be compiled into the kernel

Code:

kernel: [    1.212126] IR keymap rc-rc6-mce not found

CONFIG_IR_RC6_DECODER=y
and
CONFIG_IR_MCEUSB=y

Log:
Code:
lbase slim: pam_unix(slim:session): session closed for user tv
Feb 23 23:14:17 lbase kernel: [  230.836552] nvidia 0000:01:00.0: irq 31 for MSI/MSI-X
Feb 23 23:14:18 lbase acpid: client 2623[0:0] has disconnected
Feb 23 23:14:18 lbase acpid: client connected from 3382[0:0]
Feb 23 23:14:18 lbase acpid: 1 client rule loaded
Feb 23 23:14:28 lbase slim: pam_unix(slim:session): session opened for user tv by (uid=0)
Feb 23 23:14:28 lbase slim: pam_ck_connector(slim:session): nox11 mode, ignoring PAM_TTY :0.0
Feb 23 23:14:32 lbase dbus[1886]: [system] Activating service name='org.freedesktop.UDisks2' (using servicehelper)
Feb 23 23:14:32 lbase udisksd[3487]: udisks daemon version 2.1.3 starting
Feb 23 23:14:32 lbase dbus[1886]: [system] Successfully activated service 'org.freedesktop.UDisks2'
Feb 23 23:14:32 lbase udisksd[3487]: Acquired the name org.freedesktop.UDisks2 on the system message bus
Feb 23 23:14:33 lbase polkitd[2501]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-session:/org/freedesktop/ConsoleKit/Session2 (system bus name :1.29 [/usr/libexec/polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1], object path /org/gnome/PolicyKit1/AuthenticationAgent, locale en_US.UTF-8)

I have no idea why that is happening.. !! For now i just log out and log in which fixes the problem..

BR
rh
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same issue. It turned out to be having ir-keytable loading after xserver start. For some reason X couldn't pick up the keys, unless xserver was restarted. Before updating the system it used to work, and I didn't find out which update broke it, since I have few more issues to look at.

Anyway, I worked around by moving my ir-keytable loading script from /etc/local.d to run earlier in boot process, so it's run before starting slim. Hope this helps.
laizzn
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rh wrote:
I had the same issue. It turned out to be having ir-keytable loading after xserver start. For some reason X couldn't pick up the keys, unless xserver was restarted. Before updating the system it used to work, and I didn't find out which update broke it, since I have few more issues to look at.

Anyway, I worked around by moving my ir-keytable loading script from /etc/local.d to run earlier in boot process, so it's run before starting slim. Hope this helps.

Thank you!! that fixed my problem :) I finally got time to take care of it.

Not sure which broke it either.. I'm guessing... latest xf86-input-* (2.9.1) or xorg-server 1.16.4
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: