View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should I add laptop-mode-tools 1.64 to my accept keywords file? Will that freeze it at that version?
Princess Nell
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should not be required. Just follow the instructions in my previous posting to get 1.65 and newer to work.

This is just a configuration issue. The ebuild could have warned, I don't read the upstream ChangeLog for everything I emerge.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Princess Nell wrote:
That should not be required. Just follow the instructions in my previous posting to get 1.65 and newer to work.

This is just a configuration issue. The ebuild could have warned, I don't read the upstream ChangeLog for everything I emerge.

OK. I'll give it a shot and get back to everyone. Thanks.
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidtran wrote:
My laptop had this problem three months ago. The mouse could not connect and be recognized, so I checked the motherboard to make sure that the USB HUD and other components were fine and then, I re-installed the OS. Finally, the problem was solved. Therefore, I think you should check both your mouse and your motherboard.

Thanks. It is 99 percent certain it is not a hardware issue. Princess Nell was able to pin down what the cause was. Take a look at the links she posted in this thread.

As a side note, you really shouldn't ever have to re-install the OS. Generally problems can be sorted out on the forum without such a drastic action.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:
davidtran wrote:
My laptop had this problem three months ago. The mouse could not connect and be recognized, so I checked the motherboard to make sure that the USB HUD and other components were fine and then, I re-installed the OS. Finally, the problem was solved. Therefore, I think you should check both your mouse and your motherboard.

Thanks. It is 99 percent certain it is not a hardware issue. Princess Nell was able to pin down what the cause was. Take a look at the links she posted in this thread. As a side note, you really shouldn't ever have to re-install the OS. Generally problems can be sorted out on the forum without such a drastic action.

Budoka ... you don't think it's odd that someone would sign up to provide such a generic answer to your most specific question/problem? How would you go about "checking your USB HUD [sic]"? What might the "OS" be here? By all accounts re-installing it "solved" the issue.

Sometimes you have to be suspicious about "the first post", the above triggers alarm bells suggesting that the account was created in order to spam (at a later date they can come back and 'edit' the post adding links or what-have-you). The above is just a technique to get them under the radar ... and a very good try it was too ... however, I reported it already this afternoon.

hello david, are you with us?

best ... khay
Budoka
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khayyam wrote:
Budoka wrote:
davidtran wrote:

Thanks. It is 99 percent certain it is not a hardware issue. Princess Nell was able to pin down what the cause was. Take a look at the links she posted in this thread. As a side note, you really shouldn't ever have to re-install the OS. Generally problems can be sorted out on the forum without such a drastic action.

Budoka ... you don't think it's odd that someone would sign up to provide such a generic answer to your most specific question/problem? How would you go about "checking your USB HUD [sic]"? What might the "OS" be here? By all accounts re-installing it "solved" the issue.

Sometimes you have to be suspicious about "the first post", the above triggers alarm bells suggesting that the account was created in order to spam (at a later date they can come back and 'edit' the post adding links or what-have-you). The above is just a technique to get them under the radar ... and a very good try it was too ... however, I reported it already this afternoon.

hello david, are you with us?

best ... khay

OH!!! I see what you are saying khay about first post. I'm sorry my bad!!! I'll be more cautious in the future. Should I delete my reply to clean up the thread?
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Budoka wrote:
OH!!! I see what you are saying khay about first post. I'm sorry my bad!!! I'll be more cautious in the future. Should I delete my reply to clean up the thread?

Budoka ... sometimes they are easy to detect, but it seems that recently they actually have a real live human on the other end, so more difficult. I wouldn't worry about it ... I just wanted to clue you in to whats happening.

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: