Mythtv backend as UPnP server [SOLVED]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopherC
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:26 am    Post subject: Mythtv backend as UPnP server [SOLVED] Reply with quote

I have not been able to detect my mythtv backend as a UPnP server since the 0.27.4 update. I found this was because a patch went in (see this ticket) that performs some kind of check on the source address using the local routing tables at the time the backend starts. My mythbackend UPnP discovery packets were being ignored by mythbackend, presumably because it did not detect the correct multicast routing on startup.

For me the problem is solved, temporarily, by restarting mythbackend. Is there a way I can start mythbackend, on boot, late enough to pick up on the correct routing rules? I read that the necessary condition is something like:
Code:
$ ip route get 239.255.255.250
multicast 239.255.255.250 dev eth0  src 192.168.1.10

(In my case, eth0 is my LAN nic with address 192.168.1.10.)

I see "need net" in the depend() section of /etc/init.d/mythbackend. Is there a more specific dependency that I need to add?

Thanks,
Topher

Last edited by TopherC on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
TopherC
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: fixed, understood correctly Reply with quote

Well I finally took some more time to understand this issue carefully. My initial diagnosis was wrong -- it had nothing to do with my network configuration, and mythbackend was starting up at the correct time.

The problem ended up being a mythtv bug that was possibly triggered by other equipment on my network. Thanks to Gentoo's ebuild system, it was easy to edit and rebuild the code until the problem was solved.

I submitted a ticket to mythtv, and it looks like an appropriate patch was just committed on the master and fixes/0.27 branches, so future builds ought to have this resolved.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: