[OT]grsec: From 5.79.67.47: denied RWX mmap of ...wcgrid_
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toralf
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:51 pm    Post subject: [OT]grsec: From 5.79.67.47: denied RWX mmap of ...wcgrid_ Reply with quote

at a hardened amd64 grsec reported this for the BOINC client software :
Code:
Nov  6 13:29:27 tor-relay kernel: grsec: From 5.79.67.47: denied RWX mmap of <anonymous mapping> by /var/lib/boinc/projects/secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/wcgrid_cep2_7.00_i686-pc-linux-gnu[wcgrid_cep2_7.0:16210] uid/euid:102/102 gid/egid:119/119, parent /var/lib/boinc/projects/secure.worldcommunitygrid.org/wcgrid_cep2_7.00_i686-pc-linux-gnu[wcgrid_cep2_7.0:16209] uid/euid:102/102 gid/egid:119/119

Nov  6 13:29:27 tor-relay kernel: grsec: more alerts, logging disabled for 10 seconds

Update:
The ip address 5.79.67.47is weird.
Questions:
For which purpose that ip address was contacted ?
Why was there no work to do in any of my 3 subscribed projects, so that the BOINC scheduler advised my client a task for another project (to not run out of work)?
FWIW here is the log of the client: http://www.zwiebeltoralf.de/torserver/boinc.log

The AS of that IP address just told me:
Thanks for your mail to abuse@leaseweb.com. We have processed your mail and contacted our customer with a request to review your complaint and take appropriate action. We have closed this ticket.

And here is the answer from the BOINC project WCG CEP2:
Thank you for taking the time to contact us. The ip address mentioned here is not associated with The Clean Energy Project. Files uploaded directly to The Clean Energy Project go to cleanenergy.worldcommunitygrid.org or 140.247.231.147

Update2:
Well, continued here : http://www.zwiebeltoralf.de/torserver/cep2/index.html
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: