Quick Search: in
Gimme Fonts Please! :)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Delerium

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 2:37 am    Post subject: Gimme Fonts Please! :) Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

As a unix sysadmin, i really enjoy having a unix desktop. However, I think that fonts is a big issue with unix, mostly linux in our case. I'm running gnome 1.4, and I have a hard time setting it correctly.

I did add some windows TTF fonts, try xfs, try ttmkfdir, and still... it just doesn't look right. It does look a little bit better under KDE because of anti-aliasing, but I want it to look good on gnome.

That is why I ask your advices, or your succes stories with this issue. How did you configure you gnome desktop to look great? Surfing the web the mozilla is a big pain with these fonts I have right now.

Any ideas to share anyone?

with best regards,
Delerium.
niyogi
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can't believe these forums have reached this stage but here it comes:
use the search function of these forums... believe it or not, this issue has been tackled more than once before but here's something to get you started so that you can piece together your strategy on getting fonts installed:

https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=105

sorry for being an arse. :P

-S
lude
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2002 11:23 am    Post subject: Re: Gimme Fonts Please! :) Reply with quote

Delerium wrote:
That is why I ask your advices, or your succes stories with this issue. How did you configure you gnome desktop to look great? Surfing the web the mozilla is a big pain with these fonts I have right now.

Check the mailing list archives, I think it was spider who posted a Anti-Aliasing (native) in Mozilla HOW-TO rather recently.

As for Gnome, maybe you want to try Gnome 2, it's rather stable, and supports anti-aliasing out of the box.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: