PHP with EXIF support
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
catalYst
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 4:42 am    Post subject: PHP with EXIF support Reply with quote

Hmmm....I posted this under a slightly more cryptic topic earlier...sorry to clutter the board, but I'd really like an answer, as I've searched the portage docs for a way to enable obscure config options during an ebuild (perhaps not hard enuf)...

Ok, here goes again...I'm trying to emerge php with --enable-exif (it's a configure script option) but I don't know how. I suppose I could just compile it myself, but I'd rather keep my gentoo install clean and use emerge.

Any response would be much appreciated, as I'm sure there's a way to do this...

Thanks in advance,
Colin
chardros
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the way I do it (may not be the correct way), is I edit the ebuild file and perform a slight modification. In my portage tree, I would edit /usr/portage/dev-php/mod_php/mod_php-4.2.3.ebuild and on line 98 (reads myconf="--without-readline ") within the "src_compile()" routine, add in the --enable-exif config option so that the lin would read:

myconf="--without-readline --enable-exif "

The trailing space within the quotes would be important as the ret of the script will append to that.

Anyway - might be a better way, but this works. Anytime you upgrade php, you'll need to perform the minor modification... unless the ebuild starts looking for it or it becomes a USE option.
catalYst
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2002 8:31 pm    Post subject: GREAT! Reply with quote

Rad! Thanks so much, I knew there had to be a way to custom tailor the build process, but the portage docs that are immediatly accesible assume the average user wouldn't need to do that and I didn't really have time to dig through the 'other' portage docs...i know, i know...always rtfm...but sometimes I have slightly more important things to do.

Again, thanks that was what I was looking for.

-colin
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: