View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssbilly5
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:16 pm    Post subject: and another gnome2 problem Reply with quote

Well i have found a not so neat problem with gnome2.

First off I updated yesterday to all the latest stuff, and that is when the problem started. If I try to run just about any gnome program they go into some sort of infinite loop and suck all my computer clocks away.

But if I log in as root and run gnome, everything is fine. I believe the problem lies with CORBA but I do not know how to fix it, I had been getting some errors about CORBA a while back everytime I ran nautilus, or whatever, now things just don't run.

Anyways if anyone has an idea I could really use the help, here is part of my gnomerc-error file:

Code:

** ERROR **: file corba-object.c: line 74 (ORBit_register_objref): assertion failed: (obj->object_key != NULL)
aborting...

** ERROR **: file corba-object.c: line 74 (ORBit_register_objref): assertion failed: (obj->object_key != NULL)
aborting...

aborting...

aborting...

aborting...
aborting...

aborting...
Pango:/etc/pango/pangorc: Error opening config file: Too many open files
Pango:/home/John/.pangorc: Error opening config file: Too many open files

** (gnome_segv:19127): WARNING **: No builtin or dynamically loaded modules
were found. Pango will not work correctly. This probably means
there was an error in the creation of:
  '/etc/pango/pango.modules'
You may be able to recreate this file by running pango-querymodules.
cannot open file "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/XftConfig"

** ERROR **: Failed to match any font. This could be due to a broken Xft configuration, or if you run XFree 4.1.0 due to a bug in libXrender. For more information about this, read http://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=68030

aborting...

yeah the corba error goes forever, anyhow any help would be great!
(btw i am using XFree 4.2.0 not XFree 4.1.0)
thanks,

John[/code]
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: