View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
its_randomness
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:45 am    Post subject: Firefox video playing does not inhibit screen lock in SwayVM Reply with quote

Hey all

I'm running a setup with latest Gentoo x86-64, with SwayVM 1.9 and systemd 255.

When playing a video with mpv, swaylock do not lock the screen or invoke DPMS off, not matter windowed or fullscreen, as it should be.

When Firefox 124.0.2 plays a video, swaylock does lock the screen as if no video was playing. I have seen this on plenty earlier versions of Firefox.

Has anyone else experienced this?
netfab
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I don't know for sway or any wayland environment (I'm under Xfce with xorg) but, all I can say is that firefox's screensaver and DPMS inhibition is broken for me since several months (maybe a year).
Sometimes it works, most of the time it does not. I don't know why. I just remember it start happening right after a firefox update.
I gave up trying to find an explanation, now I just use Xfce's power manager plugin to inhibit everything when I want.
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

netfab wrote:
Hi,

I don't know for sway or any wayland environment (I'm under Xfce with xorg) but, all I can say is that firefox's screensaver and DPMS inhibition is broken for me since several months (maybe a year).
Sometimes it works, most of the time it does not. I don't know why. I just remember it start happening right after a firefox update.
I gave up trying to find an explanation, now I just use Xfce's power manager plugin to inhibit everything when I want.

I can confirm it works on and off and I can't find a patter for when it does or does not.

I found a reopened issue which means it's a common issue and it reoccurs.

Best Regards,
Georgi
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: