FIXED - masked updates blocking world update
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlybarger
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:53 pm    Post subject: FIXED - masked updates blocking world update Reply with quote

i recently revived my bricked system after grub updates. am now trying to get it all updated. prior to being bricked, i was looking to use the newest kde 6, but alas, that was too much work. anyway, when i run my world update, i get a lot of blockers as shown on the wgetpaste output.

help :).

https://bpa.st/OIMQ

Last edited by mlybarger on Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
GDH-gentoo
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 pm    Post subject: Re: masked updates blocking world update Reply with quote

mlybarger wrote:
help :).

https://bpa.st/OIMQ

The first message means that you have media-video/openshot installed, but it is going to be dropped soon from Gentoo's repository. I'm not sure if that alone can prevent the world update, but the message will keep showing until you get rid of the package.

The second message happens because the kf6compat USE flag is set (perhaps in make.conf?). Probably because of your failed attempt to move to KDE 6. Unset it.
As a packager I just don't want things to get messier with weird build systems and multiple toolchains requirements though :)
mlybarger
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks! this helped. i removed the kf6compat flag and removed the openshot. world update is moving forward. appreciate the tips.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: