removing pipewire and going back to pulseaudio
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galomi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:18 am    Post subject: removing pipewire and going back to pulseaudio Reply with quote

I have follows the wiki and have removed wireplumber and pipewire and installed libpulse. I tried to do a --depclean but it says that there is nothing to clean up. I have the pulseaudio flag set up globally since installation and when i try to emerge @world to update the system it says that there is a conflict because some packages are aparrently "pulling in" pipewire even though I have deselected it from the world set. I have tried to remove these packages but portage still complains about conflicts. The way i understand it is that they still require pipewire...? How do i get them to switch back to work with pulseaudio? What exactly is meant by this pulling in of packages? I have never encountered this before. The reason I am trying to go back to pulseaudio is because of bad audio on Steam. I have tried several fixes but none seems to have worked. The packages pulling pipewire in are steam client, ffmpeg and nv coded I think. I have also tried syncing portage and that does nothing.
logrusx
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post the output along with the command that produced it plus your emerge --info.

Use wgetpaste to generate links with the output.

Best Regards,
Georgi
xgivolari
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pipewire is responsible for a lot more things than just sound, so reverting to PA as you sound server does not automatically mean you can or should get rid of it. To disable pipewire's sound capabilities, make sure that its flags USE=sound-server and USE=pipewire-alsa are disabled. You also need pulseaudio-daemon installed, not just libpulse.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: