epsxe cannot read virtual cd rom/mounted cd
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rayded
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:08 pm    Post subject: epsxe cannot read virtual cd rom/mounted cd Reply with quote

Hello,
I am sorry i don't know if i can post this here, but i did not get any help from anywhere.

So i've been trying to play a psx game (tomb raider 2), mounted the game iso with poweriso on windows 11, and when i play "Run CDROM" on epsxe file menu, it pops an error message saying "can't open cdrom unit".
If i play it with "run iso" (not mount the cd) from epsxe file menu,select the iso from file explorer, the game running fine, but the problem is that game will froze at a point if we don't play it by mounting it as virtual cd.
The problem only exist when i run epsxe on windows 11, i tried with my other laptop with windows 7 and the game running normal.
I attached some snapshot of the epsxe i use and the error message.
How to solve this so i can just use one laptop/windows to play them?​ any help is very appreciated. Stay healthy.
pizza-rat
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2024 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how you ended up on a forum for a Linux distribution while having a problem on Windows, but may I suggest trying Duckstation or Mednafen (either standalone or through Retroarch) instead? Both have better compatability and less bugs than epsxe, from my experience.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: