Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
EAC (easy anti cheat) - any experiences or solutions?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adarion
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:27 am    Post subject: EAC (easy anti cheat) - any experiences or solutions? Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

is anybody else here having troubles with this pesky EAC implemented in some Steam games?

E.g. I had some Warhammer Vermintide installation that would work on Proton/Steam nicely but the update that introduced EAC completely messed it up.
(This development can also be found in the protondb.) It seems that a few people got things to run, but I don't.

I found a hint on Back 4 Blood that someone got it to work by using patching glibc because of some obsolete hash support function that was deactivated
in recent releases (after the better alternative was already around for 16 years or something).

I assume the USE flag hash-sysv-compat reintroduces it, however, I tried with Warhammer and... well, it got to the loading screen (bypassing launcher since
that would install Microsoft(R) EdgeWebViewRuntime (seriously, WTF, they use this **** to display "web content" on their stupid game launcher, how deep can
one sink?) which would always run into some infinite loop) but at some point in the loading screen it would stop actually working (no real CPU or disk activity),
just the loading screen and music but no progress, no main menu eventually popping in, and the "untrusted" hint in the top right corner.

Has anyone here had success dealing with EAC-infested titles?

(I get it that nobody wants cheaters in competitive online games, but it really sucks if you try to do anything via Proton/WINE and just want to play with your
pals (coop) online and this EAC keeps thinking you are a cheater just because you're not on MSW 10 or 11.)
keet
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried Glorious Eggroll? I play Squad, which uses Easy Anti-Cheat, and haven't had trouble with it in a long time.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: