QoS/HTB difficulties..
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jcostom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:33 am    Post subject: QoS/HTB difficulties.. Reply with quote

I just rebuilt my firewall this evening using the 1.4 image. I was using RH 7.2 with a custom kernel previously. That kernel had the HTB QoS patch applied, and I was using it to prioritize my VoIP traffic. I'm using the crypto-sources package, which also had the HTB scheduler available.

I'm having a lot of trouble moving over my previous QoS configuration from the previous firewall. Here's what I'm seeing:

Code:
# tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: htb default 11
RTNETLINK answers: Invalid argument

BTW - this matches what appears in the tc-htb man page *exactly*... Any help out there?
psp
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2002 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have not tried htb with gentoo yet.
Running...
Code:
strings $( which tc ) | grep htb
...indicates that the tc binary seems to support htb - I had to patch mine on the redhat box. I unforunately I don't have QOS and/or fair queuing enabled in the kernel config - although the modules have been built(?). If I try your command (which has the correct syntax) I get the exact same error message. Perhaps you should check that everything is enabled in the kernel as it should be?

btw: I'm using gentoo-1.2
jcostom
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2002 3:49 pm    Post subject: Had to get off of crypto-sources, but resolved! Reply with quote

Seems the HTB patch included in crypto-sources isn't the same as what's built into the /usr/sbin/tc executable. I grabbed the HTB 3.6-020525 patch and massaged it into the xfs-r1 sources. Now my QoS works like a champ.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Networking & Security All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: