mlt : File already exists in database: versions.proto
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oekbris
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 1:48 am    Post subject: mlt : File already exists in database: versions.proto Reply with quote

Hello,
I'm getting the following error when running melt ( the software that is used for rendering in kdenlive )
Code:
user@localhost ~ $ melt
WARNING: All log messages before absl::InitializeLog() is called are written to STDERR
E0000 00:00:1703381419.700553   10842 descriptor_database.cc:656] File already exists in database: versions.proto
F0000 00:00:1703381419.700599   10842 descriptor.cc:1995] Check failed: GeneratedDatabase()->Add(encoded_file_descriptor, size)
*** Check failure stack trace: ***
Aborted
user@localhost ~ $

I can make melt work by removing the frei0r use flag which i think removes dependencies to protobuf which is related to the issue but i need frei0r.
At some point i think i had fixed it by deselecting a program that kept a dependency at an old version but i can't figure out what that was and the problem showed up again.
I think this might also be the same thing that makes audacity not start on my system since if i remember correctly they both showed up initially after the same system upgrade
Code:
user@localhost ~ $ audacity

(process:11514): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 01:35:46.062: gdk_screen_get_root_window: assertion 'GDK_IS_SCREEN (screen)' failed

(process:11514): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 01:35:46.062: gdk_window_get_display: assertion 'GDK_IS_WINDOW (window)' failed

(process:11514): Gdk-CRITICAL **: 01:35:46.062: gdk_cursor_new_from_pixbuf: assertion 'GDK_IS_DISPLAY (display)' failed
Aborted
user@localhost ~ $

Also, the appimage provided in the kdenlive website works as expected but unfortunately i need to run melt directly, and also i would prefer it getting built in my package manager for my system :wink:
Thanks a lot in advance!
oekbris
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2023 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of got it to work.
I saw that the the facedetect use flag on frei0r-plugins created the dependency of frei0r-plugins to protobuf so I removed that and now I can seemingly render my videos properly.
I read that this error is caused when some piece of code gets included twice somehow and that might be the dependency of mlt to protobuf and frei0r's to protobuf, causing the versions.proto to be added twice to some runtime database... maybe
Either way i think it would be better if the useflag could be fixed or removed assuming there is nothing else wrong with my setup
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: