emerge-amd64-usr exclude tests in production build
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jprins
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:14 pm    Post subject: emerge-amd64-usr exclude tests in production build Reply with quote

Hello,

For a production build of Flatcar Linux I'm building zfs and zfs-kmod.
The ebuild file for zfs includes a whole test suite and these tests pull Python 3.x into the image.
Is there a way to exclude all test dependencies in the build process?
For emerge I found you can add an option --with-test-deps=n, but this doesn't seem to do anything for emerge-amd64-usr.

I really don't know if this emerge-amd64-usr is something that is Flatcar / Coreos specific, or if it is a standard part of emerge, so forgive me if this is unsupported and doesn't belong here.

Jan Hugo Prins
Hu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no file by that name on my amd64 system, and have never heard of it before. The only hit I get on an Internet search for emerge-amd64-usr is an old Github issue specific to Flatcar, so I think this is another thing they changed from base Gentoo. As a result, I expect you will find few users here who know what this is or how it works. If you tell us how it differs from emerge, we may be able to help you.
jprins
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: It's indeed Flatcar specific script. Reply with quote

Looking closer at the script I found that it is indeed a Flatcar specific script that just sets some variables specific for Flatcar build process and then runs emerge.
I'm currently testing if I can drop the testing content from the build by adding the --with-test-deps=n flag to the emerge call in this script.

Jan Hugo Prins
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: