[SOLVED] g_task_set_static_name not present in glib
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrmrfallback
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:55 pm    Post subject: [SOLVED] g_task_set_static_name not present in glib Reply with quote

Hello everyone! I am currently trying to run an unofficial software that requires a function called "g_task_set_static_name" in glib (aka I'm trying to run DaVinci Resolve).
Upon running it, I get this error:
Code:
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve: symbol lookup error: /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_task_set_static_name

which APPEARS to be a glib function (I could be wrong) but running
Code:
nm -gD /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so | grep g_task
shows no output. On the other hand running
Code:
nm -gD /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 | grep g_task_set_static_name
I get
Code:
U g_task_set_static_name

what is happening?
(Before anyone asks, yes I did face the other error multiple users have been facing w/ Resolve and I solved it the same way OP of the post did. Resolve worked for a few weeks before this new error popped up.)

Last edited by mrmrfallback on Wed Jul 19, 2023 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:22 pm    Post subject: Re: g_task_set_static_name not present in glib Reply with quote

Welcome to the forums.
mrmrfallback wrote:
Code:
/opt/resolve/bin/resolve: symbol lookup error: /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0: undefined symbol: g_task_set_static_name
Resolve bundled a copy of gdk_pixbuf that depends on a glib function, but did not link to a library to provide that function.
mrmrfallback wrote:
which APPEARS to be a glib function (I could be wrong)
Based on the name, that seems like a reasonable guess to me.
mrmrfallback wrote:
but running
Code:
nm -gD /usr/lib64/libglib-2.0.so | grep g_task
shows no output.
That is consistent with the error. Your installed glib does not define this function. This could be because the function is in some other shared object, or it could be an abandoned method that is no longer implemented.
mrmrfallback wrote:
On the other hand running
Code:
nm -gD /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 | grep g_task_set_static_name
I get
Code:
U g_task_set_static_name
what is happening?
That indicates the installed gdk_pixbuf also needs this symbol, and expects it to be defined externally. Since the system gdk-pixbuf needs the symbol, that suggests the symbol was not withdrawn by upstream. The symbol seems to be defined by libgio-2.0.so for me.

What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose dev-libs/glib x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf ; scanelf --needed /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0? Can you determine what version of gdk-pixbuf was bundled with Resolve? If you force Resolve to use the system gdk-pixbuf, does it work?
mrmrfallback
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 10:34 pm    Post subject: Re: g_task_set_static_name not present in glib Reply with quote

What is the output of emerge --pretend --verbose dev-libs/glib x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf ; scanelf --needed /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0? Can you determine what version of gdk-pixbuf was bundled with Resolve? If you force Resolve to use the system gdk-pixbuf, does it work?[/quote]

Output of emerge --pretend --verbose dev-libs/glib x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf ; scanelf --needed /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0 /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
Code:

[ebuild   R    ] dev-libs/glib-2.76.4:2::gentoo  USE="dbus elf (mime) xattr -debug -gtk-doc (-selinux) -static-libs -sysprof -systemtap -test -utils" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" 0 KiB
[ebuild   R    ] x11-libs/gdk-pixbuf-2.42.10-r1:2::gentoo  USE="introspection jpeg tiff -gtk-doc -test" ABI_X86="(64) -32 (-x32)" 0 KiB

Total: 2 packages (2 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 0 KiB

* IMPORTANT: 17 news items need reading for repository 'gentoo'.
 * Use eselect news read to view new items.

TYPE   NEEDED FILE
ET_DYN libm.so.6,libglib-2.0.so.0,libgobject-2.0.so.0,libgmodule-2.0.so.0,libgio-2.0.so.0,libpng16.so.16,libjpeg.so.62,libc.so.6 /usr/lib64/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0
ET_DYN libm.so.6,libglib-2.0.so.0,libgobject-2.0.so.0,libgmodule-2.0.so.0,libgio-2.0.so.0,libpng16.so.16,libjpeg.so.62,libc.so.6 /opt/resolve/bin/../libs/libgdk_pixbuf-2.0.so.0

I already moved my system's libdgk_pixbuf to /opt/resolve/libs (so it's the latest)
Hu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Resolve still broken after you replaced gdk-pixbuf? If so, is Resolve shipping an outdated libgio?
mrmrfallback
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2023 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hu wrote:
Is Resolve still broken after you replaced gdk-pixbuf? If so, is Resolve shipping an outdated libgio?

Solved! Turns out Resolve was indeed shipping an outdated version of libgio...I wonder how many problems users will have to find until BlackMagic updates our libs...
Thank you for helping me!
bearcatsandor
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread helped me launch Resolve again, after it not working for a week, but now it's extremely unstable. It crashes after a few seconds of use. Did you find that copying in gdk-pixbuf libs into Resolve's lib directory affected it in a positive way?

I am desperate to get this working for a project.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Unsupported Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: