Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Tony0945 / from "/usr merge"
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony0945
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching me closely. do you happen to have a friend named Jeffrey Epstein?
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously quit provoking, asturm. And yes you're the one provoking until you get a reaction. Do you get off on it, or is there something else going on, perhaps an attempt to get the thread locked or some people banned?

Although, Tony is a little overboard, I'd get tired of the constant stalking too.
Hu
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony0945 wrote:
I'm a retired embedded systems engineer. ... Only then was code written.
Speaking with no irony, I envy you on this point. I've dealt with far too many shops where specifications were written to document the implemented program, if they got written at all.
Tony0945 wrote:
However, I'm afraid my participation int this thread has doomed it I'm sorry. We need a free forum somewhere to discuss these these without jackbooted censors.
I'd like to think that the moderation team usually works with a pretty light touch on these sort of things, so I'm a bit concerned to see this characterization as "jackbooted censors." What actions or posts brought on that remark? I'll readily grant that some of these threads get reported aggressively, but reports don't always translate into moderator intervention.
Tony0945 wrote:
Watching me closely. do you happen to have a friend named Jeffrey Epstein?
I think this is an overreaction. It's fairly easy with the forum to see all recent posts, and I use that as part of my general patrol. I don't often participate in some of the threads it finds, but I at least skim them all. It's reasonable that asturm might be just opening everything he thinks might be interesting based on subject lines, rather than following you in particular. I think it's fair to say that asturm is strongly inclined to respond to posts with which he disagrees, and it's pretty clear you two frequently disagree. It's thus unsurprising that he tends to show up in threads where you are active. It may not be productive, but I'd like to believe he's not doing it just to antagonize you.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: