Ultra5 emerge system Problem
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Belinus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 4:14 am    Post subject: Ultra5 emerge system Problem Reply with quote

I am doing a stage 1 installation on an Ultra5 (UltraSPARC IIi 270MHz CPU) and I cannot get patch to compile when I "emerge system".

I get no big errors when it does the configuring and the compilation starts to go fine but then I get this:

Code:

gcc -o patch -mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC -DLINUX -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500  malloc.o realloc.o addext.o argmatch.o backupfile.o basename.o dirname.o getopt.o getopt1.o inp.o maketime.o partime.o patch.o pch.o quote.o quotearg.o quotesys.o util.o version.o xmalloc.o
patch.o(.text+0x3a58): In function `make_temp':
: warning: the use of `tmpnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `malloc.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `realloc.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `addext.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `argmatch.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `backupfile.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `basename.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `dirname.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `getopt.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `getopt1.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `inp.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `maketime.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `partime.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `patch.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `pch.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `quote.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `quotearg.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `quotesys.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `util.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `version.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
/usr/bin/ld: warning: sparc:v9 architecture of input file `xmalloc.o' is incompatible with sparc:v8plus output
patch.o(.text+0x204): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_'
patch.o(.text+0x20c): In function `main':
: undefined reference to `_GLOBAL_OFFSET_TABLE_'

It even goes beyond that but for the sake of brevity I cut it.

I did some playing with my make.conf file so I've tried it with both of the following:

Code:
CHOST="sparc-unknown-linux-gnu"
CHOST="sparc64-linux-gnu"

And for CFLAGs I tried both of the following sets in combination with the two CHOSTS above each:

Code:
CFLAGS="-mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC"
CFLAGS="-O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer"

Any ideas how to get this thing fixed?
Belinus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to mention that bootstrap.sh was done using:

Code:
CFLAGS="-mcpu=ultrasparc -mtune=ultrasparc -O3 -pipe -fomit-frame-pointer -fPIC"

I do intend to prelink the system since it runs everything so slow.
bazik
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Belinus wrote:
I forgot to mention that bootstrap.sh was done using:

Code:

I do intend to prelink the system since it runs everything so slow.

Do not change your CHOST!

The CHOST is not ment to change by the user. Leave it as "sparc-unknown-linux-gnu" or things will horrible break (as seen above).

sparc64-unknown-linux-gnu will be used for a 64bit userland, but its not ready yet.
Belinus
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I changed it back and will re-bootstrap the mofo.

I just wish that it was not so slow about it though.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Sparc All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: