Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
("app-crypt/qca-ossl" is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.1.0.3)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: ("app-crypt/qca-ossl" is blocking app-crypt/qca-2. Reply with quote

Hello, I have a weird blocker today:
Code:

[blocks B      ] app-crypt/qca-ossl ("app-crypt/qca-ossl" is blocking app-crypt/qca-2.1.0.3)

Total: 24 packages (6 upgrades, 1 new, 17 reinstalls), Size of downloads: 4.492 KiB
Conflict: 1 block (1 unsatisfied)

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(app-crypt/qca-ossl-2.0.0_beta3-r2:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
    app-crypt/qca-ossl:2 required by (kde-misc/kdeconnect-9999:4/4::my_local_overlay, installed)

(app-crypt/qca-2.1.0.3:2/2::gentoo, installed) pulled in by
    app-crypt/qca:2[qt4(+)] required by (kde-base/kdelibs-4.14.3-r1:4/4.14::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)
    app-crypt/qca:2[openssl] required by (kde-base/kdeplasma-addons-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo, installed)
    app-crypt/qca:2[qt4(+)] required by (kde-base/kdeplasma-addons-4.14.3:4/4.14::gentoo, installed)
    app-crypt/qca:2[qt4(+)] required by (media-sound/clementine-1.2.3:0/0::gentoo, installed)
    app-crypt/qca:2 required by (kde-misc/kdeconnect-9999:4/4::my_local_overlay, installed)
    >=app-crypt/qca-2.0[debug?] (>=app-crypt/qca-2.0) required by (app-crypt/qca-ossl-2.0.0_beta3-r2:2/2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

Uninstalling either one of the blockers doesn't work. Is this temporary or does anyone have any ideas?
hurricane
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It’s quite simple: If you install a collection of software packages from multiple different overlays, you might have a bad time. Try to take them all from the same one.

In your case, your local overlay doesn’t seem to have made the jump away from qca-ossl. Since it’s your overlay, you can either fix it, remove the package fom your local overlay, mask it just for your overlay, or maybe just (emerge -1 kde-misc/kdeconnect-9999:4/4::gentoo).

For everyone else out there, searching for this, like me: It’s probably because of packages from the kde overlay. Try to replace them with the same packages from the main gentoo overlay, which won’t have the old dependency.
Martux
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2015 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are right, kdeconnect was the evildoer. Luckily for me, it has made it already into official portage :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: