Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
blu-ray remuxing with ffmpeg, any tutorial?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fpemud
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:35 pm    Post subject: blu-ray remuxing with ffmpeg, any tutorial? Reply with quote

I want to convert *.m2ts to *.ts with additionally job of joining multiple file into one, remove/add audio track or subtitles.
I don't need transcoding.

Can media-video/ffmpeg do it? I didn't find any documentation that is simple and clear.
Or is there any open source alternative?
Pearlseattle
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
First of all I'm sorry - I really hate the kind of answer that I'm going to write (meaning: not even giving you a single option and immediately pointing to a completely different direction).

So, here it is:
why don't you create a MKV-file out of it, instead of those terrible .ts files that have that particular tendency to lose sync of the different tracks?
Using the "mmg" GUI of the MKVTOOLNIX package you can throw anything at it (any video format, any subtitle format, chapters, alternative video views, whatever) and then remix your tracks as much as you want without ever getting into the realm of transcoding (the pkg just does not do it) - including appending audio/video/whatever tracks you want to others without.

I'm writing this because as much as I understand the ".ts" format is just a container for the *-stream (e.g. video steam, in whichever format it is), like ".mkv".
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: