Steam breaks with latest app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Steam breaks with latest app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl Reply with quote

Hi.

I can't report the bug right now, will do later.

But in case someone else hits this (Sunday is truly a bad day for Steam to break :lol:)...

Today, I updated app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl-20140508 to app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl-20140508-r1 on a machine that's using nvidia's binary blob. The latest driver pushes eselect-opengl-1.3.1-r1, both from ~arch.

After that, steam won't work, and it outputted something about it trying to use the swrast opengl driver.

When trying to revert to app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl-20140508 I found that eselect-opengl-1.3.1 has been ripped out of portage. Can't bother to check why right now. What I did was to pick it from the attic of dead ebuilds and put it in my local overlay, after that I downgraded eselect-opengl and app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl and now Steam works again.

This might help someone who hits the same problem. I will report the bug when I have the time, in the while you might want to mask any versions above app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-opengl-20140508 and eselect-opengl-1.3.1, though that's obviously not a proper solution. Still it will allow you to spend a happy Synday :lol:
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Is this maybe an issue about this? https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7681260.html#7681260

Is glx working for you?
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's related. 64-bit stuff works, and dri is working as well. It's only 32 bits stuff which fails, an downgrading the opengl emul package 'fixes' it.
i92guboj
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have experienced a similar issue after migrating from emul packages to x86_abi_32.

After looking around a bit and seeing how steam was looking for the swrast version of libGL.so I figured that it's just steam which is not able to see the right GLs. So I tried to instruct it into finding them:

Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/usr/lib32/opengl/nvidia/lib" steam

Which worked fine. I presume it would work as well with the recent emul packages.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: