nexuiz stuck resolution - video recording
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 7:07 pm    Post subject: nexuiz stuck resolution - video recording Reply with quote

The problem occurs when I set video recording resolution to other than default in the config file. The game overwrites new setting with defaults and uses it.

I also tried to set in the game command line and it did not work, but I dont know the correct form of this command .it is about set or seta cg_videorecordingwidth and height.

Google does not mention it and its been only about 30 minutes I asked on IRC so no answer yet.

edit:

I tried xorg modelines setting:
Code:

Section "Monitor"
   Modeline "1280x720_60.00"   74.50  1280 1344 1472 1664  720 723 728 748 -hsync +vsync
    Option      "PreferredMode" "1280x720"
    Identifier  "LVDS"
    #Option      "RightOf"       "DVI"
    VendorName  "CMO"
EndSection

but did not work
littletux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not use nexuiz, because the code is bought by microsoft.
The game has been forked when it was sold. The new name of the forked opensource version is
Xonotic.
Use this
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littletux wrote:
The game has been forked when it was sold. The new name of the forked opensource version is
Xonotic.
Use this

Interesting, I didn't know Illfonic was part of Microsoft, or that they'd bought the DarkPlaces engine outright as well as the game assets. That means Microsoft makes PS3 games now?
littletux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i have not completely said the correct things with this before, i have read on wikipedia that illfonic has sold versions to microsoft and sony for her gameconsoles.

But fact is Xonotic is the fork that today is free and under GPL, and Nexuiz is no more maintained under the GPL
Ant P.
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know all about the history of the game. Better than you do. Your first post said Microsoft (wrong, it's IllFonic) bought (wrong, licensed the branding) the code (also wrong - the proprietary 360/PS3 version uses CryEngine), and now you're contradicting yourself.

Regardless of the fact you're completely wrong, none of that dogma is actually helpful or relevant to the OP, who by the way is trying to get a Free Software, GPL2-licensed game working!

===========================

@Artux: you might be waiting a while for an answer here - it's a decade-old game and the playerbase is a tiny fraction of what it once was, multiplied by the fraction of those who use Gentoo.

You could try using a separate program for screen capture if you can't get this working; ffmpeg is one option, it'll also do whatever resolution scaling you're trying here and it's fast - if your hardware can run the game at 60fps it'll capture at that.
littletux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry your facts about the old Nexuiz are seriously better than my explaination, but Xonotic is the game he should use because Nexuiz is a Zombie. It is quite old and unmaintained.

@ Artux
Use Xonotic because it is the well maintained fork of the Zombie named Nexuiz. And i can say to you nearly 100% you won't have any Problems with Resolution Config Settings. Nexuiz is Dead for PC.

@ Ant P
Hi Bigmouth its all correct you say, but its really unimportant what the real history of the Game Nexuiz is. The Point is It is Proprietary. And XONOTIC is the free fork under GPL. So why use a really really extremely old game that is absolutely unmaintained on the GPLed Side if I can use a well maintained new codebase. And YES it is Helpful and relevant because if he use the Fork he will not have the Problems he describes
Artux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

littletux wrote:
Xonotic.
Use this

What a news for me .
Artux
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Fixed .... ?] :
Nexuiz has its own in-game-menu variable editor. But it is still not being remembered and has to be set every game restart ... :(

I think microsoft thing could be about the console version, (this is pc)

At first look it seemed to me xnotinc has less 1vs1 servers, but I think it is called duels in xonotic. Those ones is about sufficient minimum in there.

Xonotic is great it makes the movement more fluent.
(Also sometimes dropes fps for me .. :-D)(But not in duels)

I also did not know ffmpeg can be used to grab games video :) I knew it can do x11 grab )
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gamers & Players All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: