Firefox and Amazon Video: media-libs/hal-flash
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Firefox and Amazon Video: media-libs/hal-flash Reply with quote

I could not play Amazon Video on Firefox (I could play Youtube), every time I tried I'd see a message that the Flash player was updating and then nothing would happen. After digging around a little, I learned at http://www.amazon.com/forum/amazon%20video%20on%20demand/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx3EQAX98ED5WQ3&cdMsgNo=37&cdPage=2&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxFTGOK5LRL3JM&cdMsgID=MxV5K1A6CV81VT#MxV5K1A6CV81VT that installing media-libs/hal-flash is the answer to the problem. After I installed hal-flash videos streamed fine from Amazon.
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Re: Firefox and Amazon Video: media-libs/hal-flash Reply with quote

jlpoole wrote:
I could not play Amazon Video on
What kind of »Amazon Video« are you referring to?
Your solution could hardly help with the problem not disclosed :-(
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah. Amazon Instant Video. For example, see http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF2TEJO/ref=dv_web_wtls_list_pr_1. When you click watch, the video should start playing. The problem I experienced was that there would pop up a dialog box saying that the player was updating itself and then an error screen would appear; the video (and audio) would not play. I'm afraid I did not capture the specific error message, so this topic will have to be of benefit for those who are trying to play Amazon's Instant Video on Firefox and are finding that it doesn't work right after the "Updating Player" dialog.
jlpoole
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:02 am    Post subject: Request to Move to Multimedia Discussion Forum Reply with quote

On reflection, I think this topic would be better associated with the Multimedia discussion forum instead of Portage & Programming. If whoever reads this has the power to migrate it, please do so.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: