Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[FIXED] get virtual/postgresql to accept postgresql-9.4_rc1?
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jeffk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:52 pm    Post subject: [FIXED] get virtual/postgresql to accept postgresql-9.4_rc1? Reply with quote

(EDIT: Title) (UPDATE: Fixed)

UPDATE: add USE=server to virtual/postgresql, worked for me.[/b]

I emerged the update to dev-db/postgresql-{base,server}-9.4_rc1, and have the virtual dev-db/postgresql-9.4 emerged.

Is it supported today to unmerge these three packages and with the blockers removed, emerge the unified dev-db/postgresql-9.4_rc1:9.4?

I've gone ahead see only missing virtual/postgresql warning from portage. How do I get portage to accept the second expression in the DEPEND clause of virtual/postgresql, and not try to satisfy the first expression with the non-unified ebuilds?

Code:
# Copyright 1999-2014 Gentoo Foundation
# Distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v2
# $Header: /var/cvsroot/gentoo-x86/virtual/postgresql/postgresql-9.4.ebuild,v 1.1 2014/11/02 12:42:31 titanofold Exp $

EAPI=5

DESCRIPTION="Virtual package to ease the transition to unified PostgreSQL ebuilds"
HOMEPAGE=""
SRC_URI=""

LICENSE=""
SLOT="${PV}"
KEYWORDS="~alpha ~amd64 ~arm ~hppa ~ia64 ~mips ~ppc ~ppc64 ~s390 ~sh ~sparc ~x86 ~amd64-fbsd ~x86-fbsd ~ppc-macos ~x86-solaris"
IUSE="kerberos ldap server threads"

DEPEND="
   || (
      (
         dev-db/postgresql-base:${SLOT}[kerberos=,ldap=,threads=]
         server? ( dev-db/postgresql-server:${SLOT} )
      )
      dev-db/postgresql:${SLOT}[kerberos=,ldap=,server=,threads=]
   )
"
RDEPEND="${DEPEND}"

FWIW, I think the Wiki has it wrong in listing dev-db/postgresql as obsolete:

http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/PostgreSQL/QuickStart#The_Obsolete_Ebuilds

Quote:
The Obsolete Ebuilds
If you have any of the following ebuilds installed, then you have an older, obsolete Gentoo installation of PostgreSQL and should migrate now: dev-db/postgresql-libs, dev-db/postgresql-client, dev-db/libpq and/or dev-db/postgresql.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited by jeffk on Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:22 am; edited 1 time in total
jeffk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still stuck at this point:
Code:
% sudo emerge world -Du --newuse --with-bdeps=y -p
[ebuild  N    #] dev-db/postgresql-base-9.4_rc1  USE="nls pam python readline ssl zlib -doc -kerberos -ldap -pg_legacytimestamp -threads" LINGUAS="en -af -cs -de -es -fa -fr -hr -hu -it -ko -nb -pl -pt_BR -ro -ru -sk -sl -sv -tr -zh_CN -zh_TW" PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7 -python3_3 -python3_4" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7 python3_4 -python3_3"
[ebuild  N     ] virtual/postgresql-9.4  USE="-kerberos -ldap -server -threads"
[blocks B      ] dev-db/postgresql-base:9.4 ("dev-db/postgresql-base:9.4" is blocking dev-db/postgresql-9.4_rc1)

* Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
 * installed at the same time on the same system.

(dev-db/postgresql-9.4_rc1:9.4/9.4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
  dev-db/postgresql required by @selected

(dev-db/postgresql-base-9.4_rc1:9.4/9.4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) pulled in by
  dev-db/postgresql-base:9.4[kerberos=,ldap=,threads=] (dev-db/postgresql-base:9.4[-kerberos,-ldap,-threads]) required by (virtual/postgresql-9.4:9.4/9.4::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge)

I've tried masking the non-unified ebuilds, to no effect:
Code:
% grep postgres /etc/portage/package.mask
dev-db/postgresql-base
dev-db/postgresql-client

Any suggestions on getting virtual/postgresql as currently written to accept the unified ebuilds?

Thanks,
Jeff
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:06 pm    Post subject: Re: how to get virtual/postgresql to accept postgresql-9.4_r Reply with quote

jeffk wrote:
I emerged the update to dev-db/postgresql-{base,server}-9.4_rc1, and have the virtual dev-db/postgresql-9.4 emerged.

Is it supported today to unmerge these three packages and with the blockers removed, emerge the unified dev-db/postgresql-9.4_rc1:9.4?

I've gone ahead see only missing virtual/postgresql warning from portage.

Yeah it should be; you don't appear to be doing what you said, but going straight for world.
Quote:
I've tried masking the non-unified ebuilds, to no effect
How do I get portage to accept the second expression in the DEPEND clause of virtual/postgresql, and not try to satisfy the first expression with the non-unified ebuilds?

Any suggestions on getting virtual/postgresql as currently written to accept the unified ebuilds?

Assuming they've all been removed, I'd just:
Code:
emerge -av1 dev-db/postgresql
and then the normal world should pull in the virtual, satisfied by the just-installed package.

If you get issues try to make sure it has all its dependencies in place (ie the ask/pretend only pulls in the single package; you can add -o option to emerge to help you get there) and then add --nodeps.

The virtual needs to be reordered, given that the unified ebuilds are supposed to be the way forward; you might want to file a bug about that.

Similarly, portage should not be choosing a masked package, just because it's the first-mentioned virtual. (which makes me think something else might be up here; add the -t option to emerge if you want to see what's pulling in what.)
jeffk
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the pointer. The solution was to add package.use 'virtual/postgresql server'.

I went as far as creating a revised virtual/postgresql in my overlay, with the DEPEND expressions switched, no effect. Then I removed the legacy DEPEND expression, which worked. Finally I added the above USE specification, and was able to ditch the revised virtual/postgresql.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: