Android Build Environment [post Lollipop]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
insink71
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Android Build Environment [post Lollipop] Reply with quote

Ok, so I've been building android on gentoo w/o incident until recently. Google has decided to switch java to openjdk; so, no problem, icedtea is installed and I switch to it... I receive error(s) that appear like they might be java related, but different errors oddly for different tag builds [that one would assume would work since Google built for same device on referenced tag]. It's making me question all my dependencies, but mostly icedtea. Is there some big difference why I can build on Ubuntu but fail w/ gentoo; while, this wasn't an issue 3 mos ago [w/ kitkat] besides the switch in java? What might I do to rectify? Thanks for whatever time/advice you can spare.

Rob
charles17
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you let us have some more details about what and how you did, so one could try to reproduce.
And also why you think you failed building on Gentoo?
insink71
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charles17 wrote:
Could you let us have some more details about what and how you did, so one could try to reproduce.
And also why you think you failed building on Gentoo?

Sure, I went to source.android.com and followed the instructions for the most part [build environment they explain extensively is ubuntu]. I noted they had changed from using oracle 7 to openjdk.. so I used the ole config-java and switched to icedtea [on gentoo]. As I progressed through the exact instructions, I got to lunch... chose hammerhead debug and did a simple make -j4. Halfway through I got the following:
[snip]
AttributeError: 'JNIFromJavaP' object has no attribute 'fully_qualified_class'
external/chromium_org/webkit/child/overscroller_jni_headers.target.linux-arm.mk:25: recipe for target 'out/target/product/hammerhead/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/webkit/jni/OverScroller_jni.h' failed
[snip]
Others that share the machine also report JNI errors with this buildbox [since lollipop release and switch to icedtea]. I been reading as much as I can get my hands on and can't find an answer as of yet as to why this might be happening. ::shrug::

Rob

PS System setup... more or less. http://gw.gd/gFWe
kalaker
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am experiencing the same error, and below is my failure on Gentoo.

Java version: 1.7.0_71 (OpenJDK, icedtea-7.2.5.3)
I am building CyanogenMod 12, a fork of the Android Open Source Project, building which produces a very similar error, my CM12 log was simply more accessible.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "../../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1511, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
  File "../../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1507, in main
    GenerateJNIHeader(input_file, output_file, options)
  File "../../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1392, in GenerateJNIHeader
    jni_from_javap = JNIFromJavaP.CreateFromClass(input_file, options)
  File "../../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 643, in CreateFromClass
    jni_from_javap = JNIFromJavaP(stdout.split('\n'), options)
  File "../../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 568, in __init__
    self.fully_qualified_class = self.fully_qualified_class.replace('.', '/')
external/chromium_org/webkit/child/overscroller_jni_headers.target.linux-arm.mk:25: recipe for target '/home/kyle/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/m7spr/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/webkit/jni/OverScroller_jni.h' failed
make: *** [/home/kyle/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/m7spr/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/webkit/jni/OverScroller_jni.h] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1511, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1507, in main
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1392, in GenerateJNIHeader
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 643, in CreateFromClass
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 568, in __init__
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1511, in <module>
    sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1507, in main
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 1392, in GenerateJNIHeader
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 643, in CreateFromClass
  File "../base/android/jni_generator/jni_generator.py", line 568, in __init__
external/chromium_org/content/java_set_jni_headers.target.linux-arm.mk:25: recipe for target '/home/kyle/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/m7spr/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/HashSet_jni.h' failed
make: *** [/home/kyle/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/m7spr/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/HashSet_jni.h] Error 1
external/chromium_org/content/motionevent_jni_headers.target.linux-arm.mk:25: recipe for target '/home/kyle/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/m7spr/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/MotionEvent_jni.h' failed
make: *** [/home/kyle/CyanogenMod/out/target/product/m7spr/obj/GYP/shared_intermediates/content/jni/MotionEvent_jni.h] Error 1
insink71
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Temporary Solution Reply with quote

I found that the build errors mentioned above were python related [as we had multiple python installations]. For some reason, eselect python set [choice] doesn't get respected by the code. I checked the chromium shebang line, and it looked right.. but only after unemerging all pythons except 2.7.x did the code start building correctly. I suppose I need to talk to the python guys about isolating the build path more succinctly before I add them back, but just thought I'd post back for information's sake.

Rob
WWWW
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello,

Can I ask something?

Which IDE do you use for the ChupaChups version of android?

thanks.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: