emerge gnome circular dependencies
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zhaohuaxishi
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:29 am    Post subject: emerge gnome circular dependencies Reply with quote

I tried to to emerge gnome use "emerge gnome" and i got error like this

Code:

[ebuild  N     ] gnome-base/gnome-3.12.0:2.0  USE="cdr classic cups extras -accessibility -bluetooth" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ]  gnome-extra/gnome-shell-extensions-3.12.2  USE="-examples" 207 kB
[ebuild  N     ]   app-admin/eselect-gnome-shell-extensions-20120911  3 kB
[ebuild  N     ]  gnome-base/gnome-extra-apps-3.12.0:3.0  USE="games shotwell tracker" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ]   gnome-extra/gnome-tweak-tool-3.12.0  PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 224 kB
[ebuild  N     ]  gnome-base/gnome-core-apps-3.12.0:3.0  USE="cdr cups -bluetooth" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ]   x11-terms/gnome-terminal-3.12.3  USE="gnome-shell nautilus" 1,681 kB
[ebuild  N     ]   gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.12.1-r1:2  USE="colord cups gnome-online-accounts i18n -bluetooth -debug -kerberos -v4l" INPUT_DEVICES="-wacom" 6,706 kB
[ebuild  N     ]    gnome-extra/nm-applet-0.9.8.10-r1  USE="introspection -bluetooth -gconf -modemmanager" 1,206 kB
[ebuild  N     ]     virtual/notification-daemon-0  USE="gnome" 0 kB
[ebuild  N     ]  gnome-base/gdm-3.12.2  USE="branding introspection ipv6 systemd tcpd -accessibility -audit -debug -fprint -plymouth (-selinux) -smartcard {-test} -wayland -xinerama" 1,516 kB
[ebuild  N     ]   gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.12.2  USE="i18n networkmanager -bluetooth (-openrc-force)" PYTHON_TARGETS="python2_7" 1,505 kB

Total: 12 packages (12 new), Size of downloads: 13,046 kB

* Error: circular dependencies:

(gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.12.1-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) depends on
 (gnome-extra/nm-applet-0.9.8.10-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (buildtime)
  (virtual/notification-daemon-0::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (buildtime)
   (gnome-base/gnome-shell-3.12.2::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (runtime)
    (gnome-base/gnome-control-center-3.12.1-r1::gentoo, ebuild scheduled for merge) (runtime)

It might be possible to break this cycle
by applying the following change:
- virtual/notification-daemon-0 (Change USE: -gnome)

Note that this change can be reverted, once the package has been installed.

Note that the dependency graph contains a lot of cycles.
Several changes might be required to resolve all cycles.
Temporarily changing some use flag for all packages might be the better option.

I have tried the suggestion of add -gnome to USE but it is not working since some package need gnome flag in USE(sounds reasonable, I am emerge gnome)

Thank you for your time.
eccerr0r
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What it's suggesting is for you to emerge one without GNOME, let the others install, then turn GNOME back on.

Supposedly this will work:

USE=-gnome emerge --oneshot virtual/notification-daemon

This will emerge notification-daemon virtual package and its dependencies without GNOME support. Not what you want, but this is only temporary.

Once this is installed, nm-applet will now be happy to build (with GNOME flag), and then subsequently gnome-shell - and you should be able to build the rest of the packages. Make sure after you're done building, use --newuse --deep to recompile virtual/notification-daemon and its dependencies with GNOME turned back on.

It may just let you build Gnome in its entirety as well as temporarily build packages with --newuse --deep after notification-daemon is built.
Mercurioneo
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

eccerr0r wrote:
What it's suggesting is for you to emerge one without GNOME, let the others install, then turn GNOME back on.

Supposedly this will work:

USE=-gnome emerge --oneshot virtual/notification-daemon

This will emerge notification-daemon virtual package and its dependencies without GNOME support. Not what you want, but this is only temporary.

Once this is installed, nm-applet will now be happy to build (with GNOME flag), and then subsequently gnome-shell - and you should be able to build the rest of the packages. Make sure after you're done building, use --newuse --deep to recompile virtual/notification-daemon and its dependencies with GNOME turned back on.

It may just let you build Gnome in its entirety as well as temporarily build packages with --newuse --deep after notification-daemon is built.

Hi, it works for me thank you very much. I don't understand people asking and not saying anything later....
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mercurioneo wrote:
I don't understand people asking and not saying anything later....

Mercurioneo ... its a mindset that has been created by our supposed "success", you can now download an installer, "click" install, and have your Windows/MacOS substitute. When it doesn't work as planned you make your one post to whatever forums are available, give up, and download the next "easy" install. Your not expected to understand anything, or contribute ... least of all learn ... our "user friendly" OS is but a click away, and anyone who happens to have invested time and effort making this possible, supporting users and ... *horror* ... involving them in something akin to learning, are but "greybeards" blocking the path to the OS linux should be, "user friendly", etc, etc.

"Success will write apocalypse across the sky".

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Installing Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: