[SOLVED] Eix hangs when requested to print revision number
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AaylaSecura
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:02 am    Post subject: [SOLVED] Eix hangs when requested to print revision number Reply with quote

Greetings! I didn't post this in the portage subforum, because it is probably a problem with eix (or my usage of it), rather than with portage or emerge.
I am trying to use a custom format to print the revision number alone, but eix hangs with no output. Here's the deal:
when I do:
Code:
VERSION='<version>\n' eix -Ae --pure-packages --format '<availableversions:VERSION>' dev-lang/perl

it prints as expected all the available versions (with revision numbers embredded) of perl; no problem when I use installedversions instead of availableversions either. If I instead do:
Code:
VERSION='<revision>\n' eix -Ae --pure-packages --format '<availableversions:VERSION>' dev-lang/perl

or
Code:
VERSION='<revision>\n' eix -Ae --pure-packages --format '<installedversions:VERSION>' dev-lang/perl

to get the revision numbers alone, eix just hangs with absolutely no output but consumes resources like crazy - CPU usage stays at 100% and for the first 10 seconds or so the process reads from rootfs at several MB/s.
I experimented with various packages, both installed and not installed, both printing all available and only installed versions, bottom line is:
1) When I try to print information about a version that has defined a revision number (e.g. I am requesting revision numbers of all available versions of a package that has at least one version with a non-zero revision number OR I am simply requesting the installed versions of a package, one of which has a non-zero revision number) - it hangs as described above
2) When I am printing information about versions that don't specify a revision number (e.g. only requesting the installed versions and none of them defines a revision OR none of the available versions of the package have a revision number anyway) - it prints just fine (it prints an empty line, since eix's <revision> is empty rather than -r0, if it hasn't been specified)

Hope I explained it in a clear way. Am I misunderstanding the usage or is this a bug in eix that I should report?

P.S. I'm running gentoo-3.16.5 x86_64, eix version is 0.29.3, here's the output of emerge --info eix

UPDATE: It indeed was a known bug (in this version only): https://bugs.gentoo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=528478 . My bad.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Other Things Gentoo All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: