Pulse Audio keeps droping sound cards[Solved]
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
arortell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Pulse Audio keeps droping sound cards[Solved] Reply with quote

Hello, not sure if I put this in the right place. I have kde with pulse audio and the gstreamer Phonon. I only have the bult in VIA sound card in my mobo. In the device preferences of system setting four devices show one of which is the HDMI sound which I do not use. Any way I have sound but it basically bounces between devices. A pop up will come up saying one of the cards do not work falling back to another one. XBMC plays fine and I get sound from Google chrome. But amaok will not play and I can't setup my sourrond sound I have four pair of speakers connected. If any one has any suggestions place let me know. Thank you.

Last edited by arortell on Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roman_Gruber
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is all about alsa.

pulseaudio works on top.

so for doing a narrow down who is failing you should first test alsa and than go on with pulseaudio.

do you use gnome? if not i would disable the gstreamer useflag.

pulseaudio was famuos for bugs in teh past, there should be somewhere a wiki about how to setup pulseaudio.

to narrow it down. Did your setup worked before and did it broke on an upgrade or are you just setting pu kde and run into this issue? sometimes such things arise when you installed an update.

you mention a lot of software components. it may help when you narrow it more down if alsa works, than check the other components.

Did you check if it works on a clean user? just create a new user and try if it works there, sometimse there is a misconfiguration of config files in your home directory.

also check if there are any bugs open regarding amarok.
arortell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. I use kde. I had everything working before I installed pulse audio but I could not setup the surround sound like I wanted without pulse audio. I am using the gstreamer because i did not want to install vlc I do not use it. I was wondering which phonon to use should I use VLc even though I dont use it. I will try it as root and see if that helps.
arortell
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out I did not compie phonon with pulseaudio support! Duh! Thanks for the help.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: