View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
voncloft
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: desktop settings crashes Reply with quote

I am using KDE 4.14.1

I will right click on my desktop, and select "Default Desktop Settings", it will bring up a window for about 5 seconds then my entire screen will go black as if kde completely crashes, then the screen will come back up - but the "desktop settings" window will not be there. .

I have a custom "dream desktop" addon that I compiled from source code and it worked just fine that I downloaded from: http://www.jarzebski.pl/projekty/dreamdesktop.html. And currently the only way I can get my desktop backgrounds to work is by logging out of my account all together, logging into one that works and modify the file .plasma-appletsrc in my .kde4 in my first profile

This addon worked just fine until recently I am guessing its because I am using the new version of kde - (i have been using this addon since 4.13.x)

Is there a way to start the "desktop settings" via the terminal so i can watch what it is doing behind the scenes in the terminal as it crashes?

I don't want to delete my .kde4 folder for my account and start all over on getting my desktop set up correctly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: