Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
Germany to arm Kurds.
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2  
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ribx wrote:
mdeininger wrote:
Thanks, Boney. :)

I love the leap to American given the clearly European (Irish) location to the left of my posts. It's also nicely proving my point: apparently if you criticise Germans for abusing the Americans as an extremely convenient scapegoat it doesn't even cross their mind that you might not be an American to begin with.


For your information: I didn't notice the second line of your location and googled this:

http://goo.gl/maps/jodfD

So that was my fault. But as an Irish it looks like you have the perfect knowledge how Germany is these days, for sure.

Yeah, it is your fault. As Coach Buttermaker said in The Bad News Bears, "When you 'assume' you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'". :P

Also, you know what you were doing right there? You were 'pre-judging', which is what 'prejudice' means. You were being an ethnocentric bigot and knee-jerking. Congratulations.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1740
Location: Emerald Isles, overlooking Dublin's docklands

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
ribx wrote:
mdeininger wrote:
Thanks, Boney. :)

I love the leap to American given the clearly European (Irish) location to the left of my posts. It's also nicely proving my point: apparently if you criticise Germans for abusing the Americans as an extremely convenient scapegoat it doesn't even cross their mind that you might not be an American to begin with.


For your information: I didn't notice the second line of your location and googled this:

http://goo.gl/maps/jodfD

So that was my fault. But as an Irish it looks like you have the perfect knowledge how Germany is these days, for sure.

Yeah, it is your fault. As Coach Buttermaker said in The Bad News Bears, "When you 'assume' you make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'". :P

Also, you know what you were doing right there? You were 'pre-judging', which is what 'prejudice' means. You were being an ethnocentric bigot and knee-jerking. Congratulations.
:lol::lol:

energyman76b wrote:
nope, he is a traitor orginally somewhere from Southern Germany - you know the stupid lands that only got ahead after sucking the rest dry - and sexually confused.
you say that as though it were a bad thing?

I do not consider Germany to be a viable country these days, so I content that one cannot commit treason against it on the grounds that this would require some kind of superiority which is clearly not established. The only reason some states accept Germany as a country is that they can't be arsed to deal with the ensuing wining if they didn't and nobody feels like annexing that lot of crazies.
_________________
"Confident, lazy, cocky, dead." -- Felix Jongleur, Otherland

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suuure tell you that to ease the pain of knowing that you are just not manly enough to live here.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1740
Location: Emerald Isles, overlooking Dublin's docklands

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
suuure tell you that to ease the pain of knowing that you are just not manly enough to live here.
What pain?

I moved because the IT sector in the country is useless and I got a much better offer. I've no reason to look back. In fact I'm counting the days until I can get rid of my Krautian passport.
_________________
"Confident, lazy, cocky, dead." -- Felix Jongleur, Otherland

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdeininger wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
suuure tell you that to ease the pain of knowing that you are just not manly enough to live here.
What pain?

I moved because the IT sector in the country is useless and I got a much better offer. I've no reason to look back. In fact I'm counting the days until I can get rid of my Krautian passport.


and so you moved into a country that combines the economical health and vitality of Italy with the religous sanity of Poland and the marriage laws of the Middle Ages.

Well done. I take you so serious now. Really.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mdeininger
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 15 Jun 2005
Posts: 1740
Location: Emerald Isles, overlooking Dublin's docklands

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

energyman76b wrote:
and so you moved into a country that combines the economical health and vitality of Italy with the religous sanity of Poland and the marriage laws of the Middle Ages.

Well done. I take you so serious now. Really.
The fun thing about that is: that country is still more progressive and secular than that other wannabe-country. That should tell you something - and if it doesn't then I consider it a win for the rest of the planet that you're cooped up there amongst the rest of the crazies.
_________________
"Confident, lazy, cocky, dead." -- Felix Jongleur, Otherland

( Twitter | Blog | GitHub )
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WI believe they are calling themselves "ISIL" (Islamic State in the Levant, as opposed to Islamic State In Syria or Islamic State in Iraq and Syria). This implies their intended Islamic Caliphate would probably include Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, the "Palestinian" territories, Israel, and possibly Kuwait.

Where is dmitchell. Remember about four years ago when I used to talk about the forthcoming "New Islamic Caliphate", and he said I was smoking crack, that there was no possibility of such a thing. I think that was right around the same time he said I was smoking crack because I said Putin would make himself dictator of Russia and establish a new collective super-state to regain the greatness of the Soviet Union. I guess I was smoking a lot of crack in those days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdeininger wrote:
energyman76b wrote:
and so you moved into a country that combines the economical health and vitality of Italy with the religous sanity of Poland and the marriage laws of the Middle Ages.

Well done. I take you so serious now. Really.
The fun thing about that is: that country is still more progressive and secular than that other wannabe-country. That should tell you something - and if it doesn't then I consider it a win for the rest of the planet that you're cooped up there amongst the rest of the crazies.


keep telling yourself that.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
erm67
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper


Joined: 01 Nov 2005
Posts: 130
Location: somewhere in Berlusconia.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
WI believe they are calling themselves "ISIL" (Islamic State in the Levant, as opposed to Islamic State In Syria or Islamic State in Iraq and Syria). This implies their intended Islamic Caliphate would probably include Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, the "Palestinian" territories, Israel, and possibly Kuwait.

Where is dmitchell. Remember about four years ago when I used to talk about the forthcoming "New Islamic Caliphate", and he said I was smoking crack, that there was no possibility of such a thing. I think that was right around the same time he said I was smoking crack because I said Putin would make himself dictator of Russia and establish a new collective super-state to regain the greatness of the Soviet Union. I guess I was smoking a lot of crack in those days.


Recently they are all labeled as IS (Islamic State), BTW all that crack smoke is going to hurt your health :-) If you can please get the pipe and try to see in the crack smoke where do all those muzzie nutheads get the weapons? And what went wrong with the arab spring ....
_________________
Truck!!
A posse ad esse non valet consequentia
Πάντα ῥεῖ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Koala Kid
Guru
Guru


Joined: 09 May 2003
Posts: 378

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's bad about arming the kurds? And what's bad about them attacking turkish army?
Couldn't care less about the turks nowdays, the country have gone to shit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
zixnub
n00b
n00b


Joined: 27 Dec 2007
Posts: 66
Location: Brasschaat, Belgium

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jew country is best country!
_________________
https://github.com/Zubnix/trinityshell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

:lol:

I think we need to:

0. Initiate global Ebola pandemic to reduce population 50%
1. Liberate Nepal
2. Move the UN there
3. Put Dalai Lama in charge
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koala Kid wrote:
What's bad about arming the kurds? And what's bad about them attacking turkish army?
Couldn't care less about the turks nowdays, the country have gone to shit.


'gone' shit?
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Naib
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 21 May 2004
Posts: 4200
Location: Removed by Neddy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Koala Kid wrote:
What's bad about arming the kurds? And what's bad about them attacking turkish army?
Couldn't care less about the turks nowdays, the country have gone to shit.
You arm the Afghans to fight against the Soviets, You arm the Afghans to fight against the Afghans you armed ....

Its a vicious circle that doesn't actually eradicate the problem HOWEVER the speed in which ISIS came about and tore across Iraq, something to mitigate the short-term has to be done and then we can worry about the mid to long term.
_________________
A free press is the unsleeping guardian of every other right that free men prize; it is the most dangerous foe of tyranny. Where men have the habit of liberty, the Press will continue to be the vigilant guardian of the rights of the ordinary citizen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
energyman76b
Advocate
Advocate


Joined: 26 Mar 2003
Posts: 2031
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Koala Kid wrote:
What's bad about arming the kurds? And what's bad about them attacking turkish army?
Couldn't care less about the turks nowdays, the country have gone to shit.
You arm the Afghans to fight against the Soviets, You arm the Afghans to fight against the Afghans you armed ....

Its a vicious circle that doesn't actually eradicate the problem HOWEVER the speed in which ISIS came about and tore across Iraq, something to mitigate the short-term has to be done and then we can worry about the mid to long term.


well, 100 years ago, the Kurds were promised their own country. It is time to fulfill their wish. Or give them the tools they need to do it themselves.
_________________
AidanJT wrote:

Libertardian denial of reality is wholly unimpressive and unconvincing, and simply serves to demonstrate what a bunch of delusional fools they all are.

Satan's got perfectly toned abs and rocks a c-cup.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ribx wrote:
First of all, clean in front of your own door.
Funny how that doesn't stop most other countries from offering opinions of the US. It's rather AMUSING that a European would suggest something like that.
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pjp
Administrator
Administrator


Joined: 16 Apr 2002
Posts: 16117
Location: Colorado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
3. Put Dalai Lama in charge
lol
_________________
lolgov. 'cause where we're going, you don't have civil liberties.

In Loving Memory
1787 - 2008
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran


Joined: 14 Mar 2006
Posts: 1569
Location: U.S.A.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Koala Kid wrote:
What's bad about arming the kurds? And what's bad about them attacking turkish army?
Couldn't care less about the turks nowdays, the country have gone to shit.
You arm the Afghans to fight against the Soviets, You arm the Afghans to fight against the Afghans you armed ....

Says the guy from the country that armed 70% of the middle East, Africa, and Asia (and not just "armed them", but took them from spears and shields to repeating rifles and cannon -- the world thanks you).

Naib wrote:
Its a vicious circle that doesn't actually eradicate the problem HOWEVER the speed in which ISIS came about and tore across Iraq, something to mitigate the short-term has to be done and then we can worry about the mid to long term.

Actually, something needed to be NOT done, which was to precipitously, very publicly, and very completely pull our forces out of Iraq. Or, given that, the thing that needed to be done was to engage these bastards in Syria, rather than arming them like naive dumb-asses. I blame Obama. Hell, tonight, even CNN and (gods help us hell hath frozen over) NBC agrees, even picking on him for making a public statement to the effect of "Somebody has got to stop these evil people!" and then zipping off to the golf course.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Off the Wall All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum