I got it working again :)
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x610
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:50 am    Post subject: I got it working again :) Reply with quote

Back into 2011 I was bored and hated Windows much, I didn't have any experience working in linux before at all, but listening to my friend, who was working on gentoo for a while already, - I have decided to get it. Jeez... I remember that was long, hard 6 days of struggling with install for me, my primary work was stuck, I slept like 3-4 hours a day, I was doing so much mistakes and watching the compilation process, but finally did it and I was proud of myself. :) That was the best first experience in *nix world :)
That was great 1 year of work, but then I've got macbook, I had to move to OSx, because of dealing much with front-end stuff, which requires photoshop, illustrator and other fancy tools.

Now again, I got bored, I don't like OSx, I don't know this system... and then Ive recalled that I have dell poweredge r710, which is lying in the closet, forgotten by my friend :)
Upgraded it a bit with 60Gb SSD drive and installed Gentoo with KDE. Having integrated Matrox G200 video adapter turned to be not best, the video was slow and the maximum resolution is 1280x... But that was not a big deal, another 60 bucks and we have upgraded it to nvidia gt610 :)

It is awesome, that gentoo still getting better and a lot of things have been changed and improved for last years.

Since I'm n00b, can somebody tell me about bugreport process, so I can contribute at least something in this world :)

Cheers
Telemin
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there and welcome back to the party ;)

If you have a bug you can report it on the bugzilla at bugs.gentoo.org - all the info you need to report a bug is there, and of course if you want any advice just ask here, on IRC (#gentoo on freenode), or on the appropriate mailing lists.

-Telemin-
wraeth
Developer
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are also a couple of pages on the Gentoo Wiki that can be helpful in getting and reporting useful information in a bug report:
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: