[opinion] improve forum visual and add new category
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
henriqueleng
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:24 pm    Post subject: [opinion] improve forum visual and add new category Reply with quote

Hi, i came from ArchLinux to Gentoo, and if there is something i think Gentoo lose to Arch, is the forum.

I think that Gentoo forum have fonts too much small, have too much colors, have ugly appearance, and make a bad use of space.
The fonts to topic posts are very small, bad to read and don't use all the space.

II think that the fonts should be bigger, the profile image and and information should use more the space that have. Gentoo forum need a reformulation.

Also i think that it should have a "Community Contributions" category.

These are my opinions.

Last edited by henriqueleng on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
swathe
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a member of both I'm not sure what you're getting at with the font size issue, there are no massive size differences I can see. Tried setting your browser to display fonts more to your preference?

I guess the Arch forum looks "cleaner" maybe because there is lots of white and maybe a bit more modern looking but I think the gentoo forum looks fine. IT may be a little dated for some but has never bothered me at least.
nlsa8z6zoz7lyih3ap
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
guess the Arch forum looks "cleaner" maybe because there is lots of white and maybe a bit more modern looking but I think the gentoo forum looks fine. IT may be a little dated for some but has never bothered me at least.

It looks fine to me too. Personally I prefer the fact the "Gentoo Look", without all of the white, but that is just a personal opinion. It is not a big deal to me either way.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: