View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jhon987
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:28 am    Post subject: Thunar thumbnails size Reply with quote

hey guys, I was wondering - does someone here knows how I can change the default displayed size of thumbnails in thunar?
I mean, I don't want to increase the size of all icons as one can do that easily by ctrl + mouse wheel. what I want is folders and directories to stay at certain size but the thumbnails generated (for videos, pictures, etc...) to be bigger, cause now they are just too small for me.
So changing the size of only these certain files would be much appreciated...

I use tumbler which relies on ffmpegthumbnailer, I understand there's a command line to change the size of thumbnails:" -s: size of the generated thumbnail in pixels (use 0 for original size) (default value: 128)" taken from: https://code.google.com/p/ffmpegthumbnailer/wiki/FFMpegThumbnailer
But I don't know how can I use it globally
VinzC
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you found how to tweak the sizes independently I'm not sure Thunar supports variable sized thumbs however. At first guess I'd say you'd have to check tumbler's source code for tweaking the generated thumbnails. After that you will probably have to check Thunar's source code for where and how it fetches thumbnails. There you'll have an indication whether variable thumbnail size is supported.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: