media-video/parole: No sound, but video and other apps OK
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wihajster
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 pm    Post subject: media-video/parole: No sound, but video and other apps OK Reply with quote

I emerged media-video/parole since it integrates quite well aesthetically with my Xfce4 desktop, but I'm having a very weird problem that I'm struggling to resolve: it's playing videos fine, but has no sound output for any file. At first I thought it might have been a problem with gstreamer, since I have no issue at all with other applications' sound (e.g. Google Chrome, Skype), but I can play all of my music through gstreamer in the terminal, and mplayer in the terminal has no issue with either music or videos' sound.

I'm at a loss here; the only issue I can think of (since Parole itself isn't muted and alsamixer's settings are fine) is that Parole is trying to play to the wrong device, but I can't figure how it could be doing this, or indeed how to investigate it further.

Nor am I here sure what information I could provide to help with finding the issue--just ask if there's anything that would assist. For now, mplayer is a pretty serviceable stand-in, though--it might be worth my just migrating to that and running it from terminal.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Multimedia All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: