Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
notageek's considerations over powertripping
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't something like banning be known in public?

Rhetorical. There's no process followed in banning. Not sure who desultory is but probably is the finance or sweat behind the forum and is using his influence to kick me out. Because banning serves no other purpose.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only solution.
TO THE THUNDERDOME

2man enter, one man leave
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:

Rhetorical. There's no process followed in banning. Not sure who desultory is but probably is the finance or sweat behind the forum and is using his influence to kick me out. Because banning serves no other purpose.

The bewildering, Kafkaesque nature of the experience is the source of its character-building value. I wouldn't be the man I am today, were it not for the forty or fifty weeks or so altogether that I have spent banned from OTW. Read The Trial while you're on vacation. And stop letting Cokehabit trick you into making it worse, meat-head. :lol:
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butts McCokey wrote:
It is people like you that I find offensive, it's a faux politically correct stance. You have no problem when using <various crap> but you are up in arms when anyone uses "<crap>". If I were you I'd be a little more introspective and re-evaluate your stance to include either all racial epithets or none.

If I were you I'd stop throwing your poo around your cage: it only sticks to you and makes you smell even worse than you do already. And trust me, your words smell like utter sewage, way before we come to the poo you think is so creative of you.

Did it take ages for you to sweat out? Poor lamb.. oh wait, poor little viper.

==
FTR I don't use any of the terms this "user" felt would be so useful to include, no doubt to offend me more.

He only makes me laugh.
And yes I'm assuming he's male; most women have more nous than in their little finger, than this guy clearly has in his entire sump of a mind.

If that is cokehabit, and not just someone using the same avatar, all I can say is: Wow. How the mighty are fallen.

"Cocaine is bad. Specimen 293,823,054,931 just proves it again.. That's right, flush it." *plunk*

edit: words smell, not people, since thankfully on the internet we don't have to smell each other; just each others' opinions..

Last edited by steveL on Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because, Yes, this time, I am clearly sided, I'll stick to facts :
TWIMC :

A/ desultory is Gentoo Linux Forums Project Lead
Therefore, he does not need to "use his influence to kick someone in particular out". He actually holds the power to kick everyone out.
Or, he actually holds the power to welcome everyone in, which is semantically equivalent.

B/ The issue can be split into two parts : The ban and the lift of the ban.
This thread concerns the latter. (This is not an opinion since I am the one who created that thread)

C/ Two forum members have been banned identically and simultaneously. Prenj and notageek.
Prenj and notageek chose two different ways.
- In all likelihood Prenj's ban will be lifted any time soon, while
- notageek's ban went doubled and re-doubled.

ergo?

The procedure / the attitude followed / adopted by notageek *is* four times (for the time being) less efficient than the procedure / the attitude Prenj followed / adopted.

Now my opinion is that the forum members who demonstrate their support to notageek do not actually help him, because they actually strengthen notageek's belief in the efficiency of the procedure he follows.
Procedure which, as a matter of fact, leads to nowhere but a : Dead End.

Only notageek can help notageek.
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll probably go out and drive his moped I recklessly again, killing another sacred cow, and it will be on your heads. I hope you and desultory can live with that.
steveL
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long as it's not Larry.. ;-)
notageek
Tux's lil' helper
Tux's lil' helper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might as well be Larry.

I mean, what kind of project lead has so much time to go after one individual in an off topic forum.

Egotist fuckface and his sycophantic French mime, sitting on a tree sucking dicks.

Also gentoo sucks monkey balls. (Or should I say dicks?)
krinn
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder who have that quote in his sig?
Quote:
The problem is not the problem. The problem is your attitude about the problem. Do you understand? --Capt Jack Sparrow.
desultory
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

notageek wrote:
WTF? It wasn't me.
I believe the evidence above your assertion.
notageek wrote:
Anyone who knows me, would tell you that.
I am sure they would, and I would trust that assertion as much as I trust yours, given a lack of evidence to support it.

notageek wrote:
This is really disappointing. I don't understand why anyone would target an individual like this. There are far worse things spoken on OTW and yet here I am.
Individuals are "targeted" when they do something counter to forum rules. You acted counter to those rules, hence you were "targeted".
notageek wrote:
It is really stupid to be a racist on the Internet. You don't even know if I'm using deodorant or I speak in a funny accent. Shameful.
I cannot imagine how you, or any rational individual, could come to the conclusion that is had anything to do with race, as such I am forced to infer that you are deliberately making fatuous and inflammatory statements.

notageek wrote:

Rhetorical. There's no process followed in banning. Not sure who desultory is but probably is the finance or sweat behind the forum and is using his influence to kick me out.
The ban was "known in public" very shortly after having been levied. In point of fact, I was fully expecting you to contact me regarding your ban and to thereupon engage in a brief exchange regarding civil interaction and the tone in Off the Wall. Alas, your rather overly dramatic manner of protesting your ban started out bad, leaving me with the impression that simply leaving you to calm down before replying was the best available course of action.
notageek wrote:
Because banning serves no other purpose.
It had been meant to serve the purpose of arresting further degradation in the level of interaction in Off the Wall. As it turns out, it has instead managed to cause you to irrationally overreact instead of responding in the expected reasonable fashion.

notageek wrote:
Here's minotaur's another accout: https://forums.gentoo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=223049

And snapL's: https://forums.gentoo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=153873
Neither claim is supported by any available evidence.

notageek wrote:

I mean, what kind of project lead has so much time to go after one individual in an off topic forum.

Egotist fuckface and his sycophantic French mime, sitting on a tree sucking dicks.

Funny how Prenj can once again post freely in Off the Wall whereas you have chosen at every turn to act out in a fashion that would embarrass a typical small child.

You can come back when you have learned how to interact with others in a civil manner.
ratmonkey
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aCOSwt wrote:
A/ desultory is Gentoo Linux Forums Project Lead
Therefore, he does not need to "use his influence to kick someone in particular out". He actually holds the power to kick everyone out.
Or, he actually holds the power to welcome everyone in, which is semantically equivalent.

Wow!!! What POWER! He could really ban EVERYONE on an obscure off-topic internet sub-forum about an equally obscure and myopic hobby distro? Color me impressed!!!!! :lol:

aCOSwt wrote:
Now my opinion is that the forum members who demonstrate their support to notageek do not actually help him, because they actually strengthen notageek's belief in the efficiency of the procedure he follows.
Procedure which, as a matter of fact, leads to nowhere but a : Dead End.

Only notageek can help notageek.

Meh, I could give a shit less what happens to notageek. I still think it was a lame and petty reason to ban someone. The willingness to keep engaging notageek, after the fact, until the all powerful OZ got his feelings hurt was embarrassingly infantile.
notageek2
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:
notageek wrote:
WTF? It wasn't me.
I believe the evidence above your assertion.
notageek wrote:
Anyone who knows me, would tell you that.
I am sure they would, and I would trust that assertion as much as I trust yours, given a lack of evidence to support it.

notageek wrote:
This is really disappointing. I don't understand why anyone would target an individual like this. There are far worse things spoken on OTW and yet here I am.
Individuals are "targeted" when they do something counter to forum rules. You acted counter to those rules, hence you were "targeted".
notageek wrote:
It is really stupid to be a racist on the Internet. You don't even know if I'm using deodorant or I speak in a funny accent. Shameful.
I cannot imagine how you, or any rational individual, could come to the conclusion that is had anything to do with race, as such I am forced to infer that you are deliberately making fatuous and inflammatory statements.

notageek wrote:

Rhetorical. There's no process followed in banning. Not sure who desultory is but probably is the finance or sweat behind the forum and is using his influence to kick me out.
The ban was "known in public" very shortly after having been levied. In point of fact, I was fully expecting you to contact me regarding your ban and to thereupon engage in a brief exchange regarding civil interaction and the tone in Off the Wall. Alas, your rather overly dramatic manner of protesting your ban started out bad, leaving me with the impression that simply leaving you to calm down before replying was the best available course of action.
notageek wrote:
Because banning serves no other purpose.
It had been meant to serve the purpose of arresting further degradation in the level of interaction in Off the Wall. As it turns out, it has instead managed to cause you to irrationally overreact instead of responding in the expected reasonable fashion.

notageek wrote:
Here's minotaur's another accout: https://forums.gentoo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=223049

And snapL's: https://forums.gentoo.org/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=153873
Neither claim is supported by any available evidence.

notageek wrote:

Funny how Prenj can once again post freely in Off the Wall whereas you have chosen at every turn to act out in a fashion that would embarrass a typical small child.

You can come back when you have learned how to interact with others in a civil manner.

The Lead Forum Administrator was expecting a PM. Right... the all powerful all mighty has all the time in his hand to administer an obscure off-topic forum. What are you so fucking proud of?

You deserve no civility or respect. You're an egotistical asshole.
notageek2
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and fuck you.
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:35 am    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

Hrm.

notageek2 wrote:
The Lead Forum Administrator was expecting a PM.

A sign of a best possible administrator if you ask me (I know you wont).

notageek2 wrote:
Right... the all powerful all mighty has all the time in his hand to administer an obscure off-topic forum.

It's a Gentoo forum. And they administer it... What did you expect?

Also, see my first comment above.

notageek2 wrote:
You deserve no civility or respect.

One could go into a lengthy pondering about who decides what one deserves, but what comes to this particular forum, I imagine you should now know who holds a high word about them posting privileges. Also, as stated earlier here, it seems you've chosen your path. We probably can't help you, but you can't blame people for not trying. :/

You certainly managed to surprise me a little, and that doesn't oft happen, in general!

Anyblue, I do wish you the best of fun times with your future endeavours!
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

desultory wrote:

Indeed

Quote:

I'm thinking that a whole clue tree falling on him wouldn't help.
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Downey: "Everybody knows you never do a full retard."

Stiller: "What do you mean?"

Downey: "Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Count toothpicks to your cards. Autistic, sure. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard."

The ban did seem targeted as there have been alot worse but quite a few others in OTW... so why make an example of notageek.
HOWEVER... the responses...
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
The ban did seem targeted as there have been alot worse but quite a few others in OTW... so why make an example of notageek

There were two people with a minor ban, one behaved as an adult and is now able to post, the other, well....
Bones McCracker
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it's reasonable, or desirable for that matter, to expect ubiquitous supervision and enforcement. There aren't enough moderators for that, and, besides, it wouldn't be any fun that way. This is more like when you get busted speeding. You get away with going 10% or 20% over the speed limit several days a week and everybody does it to a degree. But, if you're the guy who, lately, has been pushing the envelope and seeing what he can get away with, driving 40% over the speed limit every day for ten days in a row, then even if a cop has watched you blaze past him for a week and done nothing, you shouldn't be surprised when he finally pulls your ass over and slams you with a ticket. Just pay the ticket and slow down a bit.
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bones McCracker wrote:
you shouldn't be surprised when he finally pulls your ass over and slams you with a ticket. Just pay the ticket and slow down a bit.

It's never a good idea to argue with the cop either or call him names, that's guaranteed to make your wait even longer and more unpleasant.
Call it what you will (as to whether you should have gotten the ticket), but it is common sense not to compound the problem.
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the fact that even on this thread and on this page the mods/admins have chosen to ignore the same things that notageek's original ban was for.

The bans seem to be more arbitrary than ever
cokey
Advocate
Advocate

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steveL wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:
It is people like you that I find offensive, it's a faux politically correct stance. You have no problem when using <various crap> but you are up in arms when anyone uses "<crap>". If I were you I'd be a little more introspective and re-evaluate your stance to include either all racial epithets or none.

If I were you I'd stop throwing your poo around your cage: it only sticks to you and makes you smell even worse than you do already. And trust me, your words smell like utter sewage, way before we come to the poo you think is so creative of you.

Did it take ages for you to sweat out? Poor lamb.. oh wait, poor little viper.

==
FTR I don't use any of the terms this "user" felt would be so useful to include, no doubt to offend me more.

He only makes me laugh.
And yes I'm assuming he's male; most women have more nous than in their little finger, than this guy clearly has in his entire sump of a mind.

If that is cokehabit, and not just someone using the same avatar, all I can say is: Wow. How the mighty are fallen.

"Cocaine is bad. Specimen 293,823,054,931 just proves it again.. That's right, flush it." *plunk*

edit: words smell, not people, since thankfully on the internet we don't have to smell each other; just each others' opinions..
What a pathetic response. :roll:
Naib
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butts McCokey wrote:
I love the fact that even on this thread and on this page the mods/admins have chosen to ignore the same things that notageek's original ban was for.

thats my point and my ongoing criticism of OTW moderation
aCOSwt
Bodhisattva
Bodhisattva

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Butts McCokey wrote:

The mods have *not* chosen to ignore "this", and "this" *is* obviously *not* the same thing, and *this* was handled differently and succesfully yesterday night.
Feel free to feel moderation more arbitrary than ever but be aware that holding "this" and "that" for the same things is : An arbitrary judgement.

Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naib wrote:
Butts McCokey wrote:

thats my point and my ongoing criticism of OTW moderation

Everybody knows you guys are trolling, and trying to egg other people on into getting themselves banned by taking what you're saying and going one step further (and over the line). People are on to you. Butts is lucky he didn't get banned along with notageek for provoking him into getting his ban doubled again. Plausible deniability isn't plausible with your histories. You're just making trouble for the sake of kicking the bees' nest. That's what children do.
Anon-E-moose
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

++

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo Forums Feedback All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: