Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Gentoo Forums
Quick Search: in
[OT] Übersetzer benötigten
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Deutsches Forum (German) Diskussionsforum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
telex4
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:53 am    Post subject: [OT] Übersetzer benötigten Reply with quote

Apologies for posting an English message in a German board, but I want to reach German speaking people with this message :) I also hope Babelfish didn't make too much of a mess of the subject of this thread!

I am the main administrator of NewToLinux, a growing web site of tutorials for GNU/Linux newbies. Another newbie site, you say? We have been around for a few years, and now have a good collection of tutorials that guide you through the basics of GNU/Linux, rather than provide a collection of random tutorials that don't even tell you how to use a shell or where files are located.

The site started out in English, and we have since had all of the tutorials, and soon all of the articles, translated into French. I'd like to extend this to have the tutorials and articles translated into German as well. If anyone is interested in doing this, then please have a look through this site and then reply to this thread.

Mod edit: added [OT] to the subject.
amne
UTgamer
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a look onto your sites. There are two problems which non engl. speaking visitors will have with it.

1st: The entry page is complete in engl. so other language natives will leave it. (for example the text and menues: home, about, etc.) My wife is such a person *g*

2nd: If persons will get a page hit in a search engine they see *.uk instead of *.org or *.de, etc. (This is a minor problem)

For point 1, if you can fix this, for example by asking the browser language or with sticking big flaggs on top, I'am willing to help you.
Isn't it a good idea to stick a french flag to your entrance site?

Regards,
utgamer
telex4
l33t
l33t

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UTgamer wrote:
1st: The entry page is complete in engl. so other language natives will leave it. (for example the text and menues: home, about, etc.) My wife is such a person *g*

For point 1, if you can fix this, for example by asking the browser language or with sticking big flaggs on top, I'am willing to help you.
Isn't it a good idea to stick a french flag to your entrance site?

That is a problem that I'm aware of. When the whole site becomes fully translated into French, German, or any other language, I'll make the whole site available in both languages. As only the tutorials are currently available in French, to avoid confusion I've only put the French flag on the tutorials index and on each tutorial.

If you would like to help by translating the site, then please read and reply to this thread on the site's forum, and then begin by translating a tutorial and posting it to the Translations board. I look forward to working with you :)
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Deutsches Forum (German) Diskussionsforum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: