Gentoo on wm8850 SoC with ARM A9 processor - 1 - xorg server
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wkt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:26 pm    Post subject: Gentoo on wm8850 SoC with ARM A9 processor - 1 - xorg server Reply with quote

With a self-compiled kernel I can boot and login on the console as root on my device.

I also was successful in getting eth0 LAN to run - so i have a usable environment just now.

When I tried to go a step versus GUI I tried to emerge xorg-server.

I get the following error messages :

!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "xorg-server" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.15.1::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.15.0::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.14.6::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.14.5::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.14.4::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.14.3-r2::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.13.4-r1::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.12.4-r2::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.11.4-r3::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.10.6-r3::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)
- x11-base/xorg-server-1.9.5-r3::gentoo (masked by: invalid: DEPEND: USE flag 'x86-interix' referenced in conditional 'x86-interix?' is not in IUSE)

For more information, see the MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge
man page or refer to the Gentoo Handbook.

I am now completely helpless as I dont understand what the messages say.
Especially also "x86-interix" puzzles me as I have no x86 platform.

I must say that I didnt start from the original stage3 rootfs but downloaded a system
which was obviously already worked upon.
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Gentoo on wm8850 SoC with ARM A9 processor - 1 - xorg se Reply with quote

wkt wrote:
I am now completely helpless as I dont understand what the messages say. Especially also "x86-interix" puzzles me as I have no x86 platform. I must say that I didnt start from the original stage3 rootfs but downloaded a system which was obviously already worked upon.

wkt ... "x86-interix" is a gentoo-prefix platform, not sure what stage3 you used but I suspect this had/has some profile and/or ACCEPT_KEYWORDS from some repository other than ::gentoo (prehaps ::gentoo-prefix). Anyhow, without the output of 'emerge --info' we can only guess.

best ... khay
wkt
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forget please the queer phenomena discussed above.

Obviously the rootfs I found in the net was unusable.

I installed rootfs stage3-armv7a_hardfp-20140112.tar.bz2.

xorg-server is now running with twm and xterm emerge-d.
This is a fine 1st step. keyboard and mouse/touchpad working
as usual.

Little disturbance with llvm pkg : when I worked from SD card
( 4GB ) I got a message "No space left on device".
Might be a kernel/module/driver software problem (???)
The test for free space went OK before though.

After migration to an external USB disk partition ( 32 GB ) all
steps went through.

BUT : dont ask how log it took to install the 72 pkg... °|°
( on a 1.2GHz processor !!! )
khayyam
Watchman
Watchman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wkt wrote:
Forget please the queer phenomena discussed above.

wkt ... done :)

wkt wrote:
Little disturbance with llvm pkg : when I worked from SD card ( 4GB ) I got a message "No space left on device". Might be a kernel/module/driver software problem (???) The test for free space went OK before though.

4GB is tight, some builds (ie, firefox, ooffice, and others) require some number of GB's to complile (and the build system will warn you if you don't have the recommended space available). I've built for a 4GB target and generally I've done this in a chroot, its faster and once the build is complete it can be transfered to the target (ie, via tar over ssh).

wkt wrote:
After migration to an external USB disk partition ( 32 GB ) all steps went through.

ya, 32GB is enough, note that the sources used to build are kept in /usr/portage/distfiles these can be cleaned via 'eclean-dist -d' (to keep the minimal sources needed to rebuild) or removed entirely.

wkt wrote:
BUT : dont ask how log it took to install the 72 pkg... °|° ( on a 1.2GHz processor !!! )

I won't :) ... I could guess ... faster than a MIPS Broadcom 6358 300MHz I imagine :)

best ... khay
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Gentoo on Alternative Architectures All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: