"Unable to trace static ELF" while emerging
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Utsuho Reiuji
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:06 pm    Post subject: "Unable to trace static ELF" while emerging Reply with quote

I'm currently emerging new updates and noticed this:
Code:
>>> Jobs: 9 of 14 complete, 3 running               Load avg: 15.4, 12.2, 6.7 (null)*(null) Unable to trace static ELF: /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/sbin/prelink --reloc-only 0x7b800000 kernel32.dll.so
>>> Jobs: 9 of 14 complete, 3 running               Load avg: 16.6, 14.2, 8.6 (null)*(null) Unable to trace static ELF: /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/sbin/prelink --reloc-only 0x7bc00000 ntdll.dll.so
>>> Jobs: 9 of 14 complete, 3 running               Load avg: 16.3, 14.7, 9.2 (null)*(null) Unable to trace static ELF: /usr/sbin/prelink: /usr/sbin/prelink --reloc-only 0x7ac00000 riched20.dll.so
>>> Jobs: 9 of 14 complete, 2 running               Load avg: 12.1, 13.6, 10.0

The path suggests that something has problems with prelink symlinks and wine I guess.
Is that a bug?

edit: weird typo..
Utsuho Reiuji
Apprentice
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's getting weirder and weirder:
In an attempt to fix another problem, I downgraded sandbox from 2.6-r1 to 2.5 and re-emerged wine.
The error messages didn't appear then, but no idea if that is relevant or not as wine worked quite ok, even with those ELF errors..
Chiitoo
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:47 pm    Post subject: ><)))°€ Reply with quote

It has been going on for quite a while, but I can't remember when I first noticed it happening.

I haven't exactly looked into it, either, since I haven't noticed anything being broken (and I do use Wine quite a bit). So while I can't exactly help with it (at the time at least), I can say that it's been happening here for months if not weeks.
ArneBab
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the same messages. I *guess* that it has to do with the process-memory-mangling wine does to mimick the craziness of Windows.

pkgcore: So fast that it feels unreal - by doing only what is needed.
oldium
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to note, the message
Quote:
Unable to trace static ELF
comes from Sandbox - it could not trace what prelink executable does (for some reason). Anyway, I think that it should not have any influence on how the Wine is compiled.

This prelinking is just doing relocation of the some system DLLs (those are normal ELF "so" files) to be on the fixed address - this is needed for some applications to run correctly.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Portage & Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: