no network card after install
View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bushman77
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:20 pm    Post subject: no network card after install Reply with quote

oh boy, 1 week and ive gotten nowhere with setting up my nic card. lol this gentoo really is a doozy to install ive done novell network with way more sucess lol.

well i have a bootable os (cli only) and no special things like a gui or anything installed. I cannot get my nic card working under it, although it works just fine on the cd boot. Obviously everything is already there on the cd to have a fully functional distro but for some reason the harddrive intall appears to be totally unable to load up any of my attempts at setting up the nic ive tried compiling it right in to the kernel, modulating it and even downloding the source code for the driver right off the intels website. if this helps any, the sticker on the machine says this is hp compaq dc7700 small form factor. desktop computer not a tower.

other versions of linux there have been no issues at all with this. so this is new to me here.
lspci -k produces
ethernet : intel corporation 82566dm gigabit controller rev2
subsystem : hewlett-packard company device 2800
kernel driver in use : e1000e
kernel modules e1000e

with ifconfig:
enp0s25 and a fully populated nic settings ur gunna find with this command.

i know this is a driver issue just not sure if the daemon on the cd uses a different naming convention the hd is using. so im not even sure if e1000e is the driver im suppose to use?
qrthur
n00b
n00b

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Maybe you can try this website : http://kmuto.jp/debian/hcl/
Paste the output of lspci -n and check which kernel module your ethernet card require.
lexflex
Guru
Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Re: no network card after install Reply with quote

hi ,

bushman77 wrote:

with ifconfig: enp0s25 and a fully populated nic settings ur gunna find with this command.

Also, what is the exact output of ifconfig ?

Alex.
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Kernel & Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: