View unanswered posts
View posts from last 24 hours
View posts from last 7 days

Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: emul-linux-x86-xlibs won't compile with ABI_X86="32&quo Reply with quote

Hi. This is driving me nuts. I have been struggling with a world update for the last few days. I have always had: ABI_X86="64 32" in my make.conf, and never had any issues.

All-of-a-sudden, everything gets hung up on emul-linux-x86-xlibs (blocking). No matter what I throw at it in package.use, it doesn't pick up the 32 bit option.

In package.use have tried:
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs abi_x86_32
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs ABI_X86_32
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs ABI_X86="64 32"
app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs ABI_X86="32"

I even put app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs in package.keywords (though I didn't really expect it to work)

What do I have to do to turn on the 32 bit option for this package?

[ebuild R ] app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs-20131008 USE="(development) opengl" ABI_X86="(-32)"

Thanks.

G
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Accept the unstable keywords on that package, alternatively you can create /etc/portage/profile/package.use.stable.mask and put app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs -abi_x86_32 in it; at the moment, abi_x86_32 is masked on a lot of stable packages. (/usr/portage/profiles/arch/amd64/package.use.stable.mask)
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Tom, and thanks.

Unfortunately, this is not working. Portage wants to pull in all manner of dependencies that do not exist when I accept keywords for this package, or make the /etc/portage/profile/package.use.stable.mask file (which is a new one on me, btw :))

For example:
Code:
x11-libs/libXxf86dga[abi_x86_32(-)]

and
Code:
x11-libs/libXxf86vm[abi_x86_32(-)]

and several others as well.

I do not understand how this got so broken... are they bailing on emul, or is this a temporary portage quirk?

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

G
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you accept one, you need to accept the rest too; in other words, if you really want to go down this road, you'll have either a ton of work or want to consider changing your ACCEPT_KEYWORDS to allow the unstable keyword system wide.
grooveman
Veteran
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The error is: "emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy...." It isn't a complaint about a version or a compile flag.

The other oddity is that I'd try to install app-emulation/emul-linux-x86-xlibs, find out which package it would complain about, add it to /etc/portage/package.accept_keywords, and repeat over and over, and after about a dozen packages portage would start complaining about the very packages I had just unlocked to get it to move on to the next package.... I do not not get it.
TomWij
Retired Dev
Retired Dev

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the error means they can't satisfy due to the missing keywords (or something like that).
Reply to topic    Gentoo Forums Forum Index Desktop Environments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: